Smallest soldered jacks that are not pancake jacks

Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
C'mon then... lets go around this merry-go-round again!

What are the smallest jacks for soldered cables. Not pancake jacks. Recommendations? I assume those coloured cables you get from Maplins are just utter crap?? Currently I have Planet Waves cables. They're good. Not noisy and seem high quality to me. But damn if they don't take up shit tons of room!!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34308
    Seriously, for side jack socket use pancake plugs, for top jack socket use switchcraft plugs.
    I've ridden this particular merry-go-round a few times before.

• nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    If you believe the blurb on manufacturer websites then the lava LPSV is the "smallest solder plug in existence"! I've been using their non solder plugs for a while and although they are fiddly to put together they work quite well, as long as you don't keep dismantling the board every other week. I'm keen to give their even smaller tightrope kit a go which is meant to be easier to build.

I will at some point probably move to soldered cables when I can stop the GAS and settle on a layout. I'll no doubt then come back this thread for inspiration or realise technology has moved so far everything mentioned is now obsolete!
  • GuitarnutGuitarnut Frets: 31
    For straight jacks the Switchcraft 380 or angled the 226.

Personally I'd still use the Neutrik angled or if space was tight the gls pancakes (they have a terminal for the earth unlike others)