Pot lube

Used Servisol to clean a scratchy pot, but now it rotates too freely (feels loose). Think i over did it and it needs to be lubed a bit. What’s the best lube to use?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73077
    This is going to be very difficult, because what you actually need is grease in the shaft bushing - you can't just squirt it into the pot.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Okay thank you. Maybe I will just put up with it and eventually replace the pot if it gives up the ghost then.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10557
    You can sometime's add a bit of resistance to a pots movement by putting a felt washer between the knob and the surface of the pedal / amp / scratchplate 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • I had this with a graphic eq slider on my Boogie.  After the Servisol made it too loose (but fixed the crackle) I bought some Deoxit faderlube which helped restore the previous feel.  Not quite what it was orginally but way better.
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1276
    edited December 2020