Changing strings on floating trem Strat

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 853
    edited December 2020
    I’m even sadder - I maintain a document with dates of string changes. No gum on my headstocks - but I guess that makes me ‘officially uncool’

https://i.imgur.com/ruWuQz7.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3726
    thegummy said:
    That wild rock n roll lifestyle! :)
    The last couple of songs that I've written I actually used an Excel spreadsheet to help me with the metre of the lyrics.  A cell per beat.

I think that the days of a Rock and/or Roll lifestyle are well and truly behind me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Musicwolf said:
    thegummy said:
    The last couple of songs that I've written I actually used an Excel spreadsheet to help me with the metre of the lyrics.  A cell per beat.

I think that the days of a Rock and/or Roll lifestyle are well and truly behind me.
    Ah Chris - we are kindred spirits...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    jaymenon said:
    I’m even sadder - I maintain a document with dates of string changes. No gum on my headstocks - but I guess that makes me ‘officially uncool’
    lol as much as I joked earlier, my mrs often calls me a geek because I love spreadsheets and take any excuse to make one so I haven't gone as far as your string change log but I'm not far behind!
    That’s three of us - let’s find a drummer...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Musicwolf said:
    thegummy said:

♫ She may be the median but she's way above the mean ♪

♪ when it's all summed and sorted, I is next to U ♫ 
    She may be the median but she's way above the mean ♪
    ♪ when it's all summed and sorted, U is next to Me ♫ 

Now it rhymes. We really need to find a drummer - We may have a hit on our hands.
    jaymenon said:
    She may be the median but she's way above the mean ♪
    ♪ when it's all summed and sorted, U is next to Me ♫ 

Now it rhymes. We really need to find a drummer - We may have a hit on our hands.
    That doesn't rhyme and removes the pun of the columns being letters...
    edited December 2020
    Mean
    me
    ???

and we are arguing already - Abbey Road on the way?
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6888
    jaymenon said:
    That’s three of us - let’s find a drummer...

I excel at that.
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    We’ve found Ringo.
    I think that I lost the last of my credibility when I wrote 'British Airways Club Class Homesick Blues'.  A far cry from Paul Simon's 'Homeward Bound', but then the Lufthansa Business Lounge in Munich is somewhat more comfortable than Widnes railway station.
  • My brother is an accountant and told me once without a hint of irony that he can make spreadsheets dance :lol:

I use them quite a lot as well tbh... the only thing I don't like about yours there @jaymenon is the font :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

jaymenon said:
    Mean
    me
    ???

It's all about you, you, you but we're in this band together!

The girls come to see all of us man!
    thegummy said:
    jaymenon said:
    Mean
    me
    ???

It's all about you, you, you but we're in this band together!

The girls come to see all of us man!
    :-)
  • Musicwolf said:
    I usually stick something between bridge and bodywork to protect the finish but also so that the strings are easier to remove through the holes in the back plate.

Locking tuners on most of my guitars to spped up the process (they don't do anything to improve tuning stability over and and above a conventional tuner which has been strung correctly).

I put a sticker on the back of the headstock showing string gauge and date changed.  'H' for Hybrid (9-46) + date changed (24th Nov)

This is a great idea. Though I got so ticked off with all the string changing and potential for setup costs to go mental at £40 a pop for 10+ guitars once a year that I just sold most of them. Genuinely. Down to 4 electrics now, though the little stickers will still be useful to help me remember what I put on what guitar.
    This is a great idea. Though I got so ticked off with all the string changing and potential for setup costs to go mental at £40 a pop for 10+ guitars once a year that I just sold most of them. Genuinely. Down to 4 electrics now, though the little stickers will still be useful to help me remember what I put on what guitar.

£40?!!!.  I just added up my string purchases from Strings Direct for 2020 cal year (yes, I did use a spreadsheet).

£171.72  That's for 8 electrics and two acoustics.  I haven't restrung my resonator nor my two basses in the last year.

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12119
    Musicwolf said:

£40?!!!.  I just added up my string purchases from Strings Direct for 2020 cal year (yes, I did use a spreadsheet).

£171.72  That's for 8 electrics and two acoustics.  I haven't restrung my resonator nor my two basses in the last year.

using humidifiers stops my guitars continually needing setups
    I use Elixir strings to avoid have to replace loads of sets every year. I quite like the feel and sound too.