SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOME VERY VERY TASTY GUITARS FOR SALE

What's Hot

My guitar collection is fighting a losing battle with my wife

So I gotta thin the heard a bit.

I’ll be sad to see them go... but you know how these things go... if only I had a bigger house!

first up we have a 12 fret Santa Cruz 00 1929. Stunning guitar, light as a feather, immaculately built and finished. subtle sunburst over some seriously nice mahogany.

They never come up for sale on the used market and I’m not sure you can even buy one new in the UK right now. I’ll be really sad to see it go

New they retail for circa £5k so I’m letting this one go for £3k. Comes with the original case which is probably the nicest case I’ve ever owned.

It’s never left the house so condition is excellent with only a few minor blemishes or signs of play wear. It’s much more than just a blues box which it’s appearance might trick you into thinking - it’s a great finger picker and light strummer. All mahogany guitars don’t really come much better... just read all the glowing reviews on the forums

Up next we have a real cannon

A Martin d28 marquis

Discontinued a few years back it’s the Closest you’ll get to a Martin authentic, but with the benefit of an adjustable truss rod and arguably a better profile neck

sounds like what a great D28 should sound like

Never been gigged and in beautiful condition. 

These don’t crop up on the used market very often and for very good reason. If I didn’t own a bourgeois Vintage D with Madagascar rosewood this would be going absolutely nowhere

There’s one on eBay right now listed at £4,500

I’m looking for £3100

And last but not least is my National Style O 12 fret resonator in upgraded German Silver.

Only a couple of years old and very well taken care of. Couple of light marks here and there but nothing obvious. These things shine up like crazy when you give them a good polish!

Recently professionally set up to play slide and finger style

Comes fitted with Highlander pickup which costs about £500 from the states and is generally considered the best pick up for resonators.

a German Silver style O will set you back £3250.00 (if you can find one) and the pickup adds roughly another £500 to the cost... So these things don't come cheap. But they are fantastic at what they do. Plugged in and turned up at an open mic night it’ll sure turns some heads

Looking for for £2700

Photos available on request  just shoot me a message

Collection from north london

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    You gotta show pictures. For one it’s the law. Secondly I need to see those guitars....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Ha! Yeah, I suppose it is the law of the guitar forum! I’ll get some shots this weekend of the national and the Santa Cruz but the d28 will have to wait a few days as it currently being stored at my parents due to too many guitars in my house! Ha! 
  • Gonna try to somehow keep hold of the Santa Cruz for now... can’t bring myself to part with it! So it’s just the Martin and the national
    for now!  
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Gumtree and Facebook links are generally frowned upon. Imgur is easy even for a Luddite like me. 
  • BingManBingMan Frets: 35
    Tried to do imgur... no idea what i'm doing... hopefully this works

https://imgur.com/a/UfQeQS9
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6158
    BingMan said:
    Tried to do imgur... no idea what i'm doing... hopefully this works

https://imgur.com/a/UfQeQS9

Works, but you can embed the image here if you use a right-click and 'Copy Link Location':

Beyond my budget, but GLWTS!
    THANKS!
  • Those Martin Maquis are Stella guitars.  Good luck with the sale! 
  • A quick question, what's the nut width on these guitars? 
    nut width is 1 3/4 on the martin... I think they're all 1 3/4 actually come to think of it

I've added some videos of the martin to youtube... first link goes over the condition and the other two are clips of me playing it rather badly! All filmed on my iphone so quality ain't exactly perfection but enough to get the idea

• mikewmikew Frets: 16
    Don't know if the Santa Cruz still not (!) for sale, but I'm interested....

The Santa Cruz is staying put for now at least. Can’t bring myself to part with it! Think it’s one those guitars I know I’ll instantly regret selling and never be able to find another! So Until it’s a ‘me or the guitars’ type situation I’m keeping hold of it! 
    D28 sold pending payment 
    d28 sold... think i'm going to have to withdraw the national too! not sure where i'm going to have to hide it in the house but I can't bring myself to sell it! eeek!
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Put it in with the pots and pans, nobody will notice it on there
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom