Fender Player series, made in Mexico or China?

ToastHatToastHat Frets: 8
edited December 2020 in Guitar
Most (all?) of the new Player series teles I’ve seen online are made in Mexico but during my Gumtree & ebay travels I’ve seen a fair few made in China. I haven’t been able to find much useful info as to what the split is, are some variants made in different factories or did Fender move production at some point?
Any help would be much appreciated!

Also if anyone had got any useful opinions on differences in quality / components between Mexican and Chinese Player teles, that’d be great :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I think they’re an older and different series of guitars ... no idea what they’re like though! But they’re not the same model as the current player series that’s made in Mexico. 
  • Wasn’t the modern player stuff Chinese/Indonesian. These were mostly guitars with a few factory mods such as 3 pickup teles, thinline p90 teles, hardtail jazzmasters Etc this is all discountinued now and probably replaced with the alternate reality stuff but there’s loads of it about 2nd hand

the current fender player series is basically a standard guitar. Std strat, hss strat, std tele but all with modern ish hardware (as in not vintage style hardware)
  • Wasn’t the modern player stuff Chinese/Indonesian. These were mostly guitars with a few factory mods such as 3 pickup teles, thinline p90 teles, hardtail jazzmasters Etc this is all discountinued now and probably replaced with the alternate reality stuff but there’s loads of it about 2nd hand

the current fender player series is basically a standard guitar. Std strat, hss strat, std tele but all with modern ish hardware (as in not vintage style hardware)
    Ah that’s making more sense now, the Chinese ones I’m seeing are all Modern Players with a humbucker or two.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6232
    The Modern Players seem to have been re-absorbed in the Squier brand. I’ve played the double P90 thinline Tele and it’s excellent, very much like the Classic Vibes. 

But as said above, no relation to the current Players. Of which the Guitarguitar special run do look really fabulous 
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 779
    Yeah, the player series are only made in Mexico. Those Chinese branded Fenders really confused people at the time, and annoyed a fair few!

Supposed to be pretty decent though, made in the same place as the original squier classic vibes I think.