Idris Elba Meets Paul McCartney.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1542
    edited December 2020
    i Love Paul McCartney and really cringe for him when People tell him they are friends with his daughter etc... Noel Gallagher and now Idris Elba. i'm not certain but i think Noel Gallagher asked him the same question about who is his favourite daughter.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 766
    McCartney's interview with Sean Lennon was much much better.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Just another of Rupert's little whores..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Danny1969 said:
    Stringer Bell, what a character he was in The Wire. 
    I enjoyed the interview thanks for posting it. I like a lot of his newer music, guys a genius with melody. 
    I’ve only just got round to watching the Wire but it’s excellent, he was great as Stringer Bell, as you say what a character.  I liked Luther alright but he went up in my estimations massively after watching the Wire.
  • I have quite liked Idris Elba since The Wire, and particularly in Prometheus.

But....his advertising for Sky is really cringey. Especially when he sings ‘a partridge in a pear tree’.

Wasn’t part of his qualification for the interview that he is quite a respected DJ (and historically has done quite a lot of the major super-clubs) ?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25112
    edited December 2020
    But....his advertising for Sky is really cringey. Especially when he sings ‘a partridge in a pear tree’.

And he was playing his Sky advert persona in the McCartney interview. 

It seems to be founded on the idea that he's some kind of much-loved national treasure.... a sort of edgy, semi-thinking-person's Ant and Dec.  Or Stephen Fry Lite.  I don't get it.

• I have quite liked Idris Elba since The Wire, and particularly in Prometheus.

Wasn’t part of his qualification for the interview that he is quite a respected DJ (and historically has done quite a lot of the major super-clubs) ?
    DJing, radio presenting, some music production and rapping. 
    Be interesting to have Macca interviewed by someone with a deep knowledge of composition and popular music like Neil Brand, although maybe that’s not great Saturday night TV. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1223
    The Apple Music interview with yer man that used to be on MTV2 is quite good for half an hour or so. It’s on YouTube.