Has anybody ever compared neck plates on strats?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• AdeyAdey Frets: 2802
    edited December 2020
    Get a thick mild steel one and magnetise it.

You can the attach the guitar to your belt buckle and do away with the need for a strap.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17501
    When I first read this thread this morning (with just a couple of comments) I thought to myself “surely this can’t turn into a discussion on the merits of neck plates on tone”
    and so I come back a few hours later and waddaya know!!!!

It really hasn't though has it... most are agreeing it won't make a bit of meaningful difference 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezV said:
    When I first read this thread this morning (with just a couple of comments) I thought to myself “surely this can’t turn into a discussion on the merits of neck plates on tone”
    and so I come back a few hours later and waddaya know!!!!

It really hasn't though has it... most are agreeing it won't make a bit of meaningful difference 
    Yeah but there’s always one.......
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25112
    The only thing I'd say is that some cheap ones have poor quality chrome plating which feels sharp and ragged around the edges.  I'd buy a Fender one, not out of brand snobbery but because I know it won't turn out to be crap.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • This has all gone a bit "Russ Andrews"!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7432
    Adey said:
    Get a thick mild steel one and magnetise it.

You can the attach the guitar to your belt buckle and do away with the need for a strap.
    Is that how ZZTop did the spinning guitars?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Top tip soak the neck plate overnight in a glass of two used teabags for that vintage appearance 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20606
    Top tip soak the neck plate overnight in a glass of two used teabags for that vintage appearance 
    I heard that marinating the plate in Irn-Bru intensified the northern magnetic field effect?
  • What about no neckplate. Use those little metal slugs that go into the holes. Gives you a few millimeters of extra space when playing at the dusty end