Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NGD: You might need sunglasses!

What's Hot
Had my eye on one of these for a while, but couldn't really afford it... but a combination of a b-stock one at GAK and getting a decent voucher of my choice from work in lieu of a Christmas party, I thought I'd treat myself :)

Very much enjoying it so far: build quality is excellent, the neck is fantastic and the Sustainiac is great fun. Before I bought it I spoke to Jon at @FelineGuitars about the possibility of getting one fitted in my Soloist; decided in the end to go for this instead though.

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 18reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7448
    lovely!!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That would be great to take to an open mic blues jam down the Dog And Duck!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    I don't usually like fluorescent colours, but that looks like a great guitar! Very nice indeed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • They look awesome. I was close to getting one earlier this year when I was after some sustainiac fun. 

Enjoy. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20606
    edited December 2020
    Most Excellent! I reckon Schecter generally don't get the appreciation they deserve. Enjoy.

Edit:  It has an ebony board too. I have now gone from really liking it to loving it  :3
  • I do like that two-tone Floyd thing that Schecter do, it looks cool.

HNGD!
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I might look at having a go on one of these in the future, definitely curious about the sustaniac currently
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1590
    Superb! I need a ridiculously bright neon guitar in my life! (Here's looking at you Mr Charvel Satchel!)
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 312
    Looks lovely - but you really ought to wear a matching hi-vis javket when you play it!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 1018
    Thats seriously cool! Enjoy!
     Never played a schecter, would you mind doing a follow up in a few weeks once the NGD has worn off?
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32402
    Love it!
  • grayngrayn Frets: 975
    Very cool guitar.  Schecter are the business.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16679
     Needs More Spandex  and a headband .
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That colour is awesome. 
  • what no pink variant??
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Looks so cool.

Used the sustainer much?

Always felt I'd love to play with one for a bit.
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4419
    edited December 2020
    Thanks everyone! I'm still at the "grinning every time I look at it" phase at the moment; it's definitely the brightest guitar I've ever owned. My stepdaughter pointed out the other day that around dusk, it actually looks like it glows in the dark

@BlueStrat - yes, I'll do a follow up in a few weeks; I'm also planning on doing some playthrough videos of some of my old songs, I'm sure it will make an appearance on at least one of those.

@bloodandtears - the version I have also comes in a strange shade of blue, that looks like it wants to be loud but hasn't got the nerve! The newer model has a maple fretboard & (I think) a 1000-series Floyd, but only in black or white... you're right, it definitely needs a few brighter colours (although the non Sustainiac model comes in seafoam green which looks great).

@thegummy - haha, yep! Pretty much every time I pick it up... I haven't actually used it for anything interesting yet, though lol

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• If the lights ever go out at a gig, at least the audience will still be able to see you.

In seriousness though, it looks awesome. I'm sure you'll enjoy it very much.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4419
    edited December 2020
    BlueStrat said:
    Thats seriously cool! Enjoy!
     Never played a schecter, would you mind doing a follow up in a few weeks once the NGD has worn off?
    I meant to mention in my above post, that first impressions are very good. The build quality is excellent from what I've seen: I haven't taken anything apart to check underneath but the neck fits tightly in the pocket, there are no gaps or marks that I've found (apart from the ones that made it b-stock). The trem is stable and if anything feels smoother than the one in my Jackson (which is also a Special).

I did have a Schecter Reaper late last year, which I absolutely loved, but it had a dead spot on the neck which meant that I ended up returning it. In hindsight, I should have kept it & fitted a set of locking tuners or something, because it was really nice to play (and looked bloody ace). Again though with that, the build quality (intends of fit & finish) was fantastic.

• I’ve nearly bought one of these before , absolutely awesome ,love them plus this schecter is closer to its California roots . I was worried if I’d be able to cope with the sustainer and keeping strings from ringing out when using it ,but I play high gain along to lots of songs anyway so can’t see it being any different to normal muting