Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Boxing day/new years Sales thread

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
So, not seen anything at all so far.. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5636
    edited December 2020
    Might be easier to list companies that *aren’t* doing anything advertised as a year end/January sale - Coda, Peach, Guitarguitar and Guitar Village are notable holdouts. 

PMT running a sale on “high end” guitars only. 

Andertons doing triple loyalty points and same discounts as their Black Friday sales

Rich Tone & No. Tom have sales on which they didn’t for Black Friday so that’s new. 

Absolute, GAK and Reidys running rebadged sales - same as they’ve ever been but with new graphics. Kennys as well I think. 

Sound Affects has padded out their Clearance category with more stuff than before. 

The North American Guitar advertising a small sale which is pretty much a biweekly thing with them anyway and now that they have no stuff in the UK may not be worth it but there it is. 

Wunjo has a sale. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • hdunshduns Frets: 9
    Peach do have an end of year sale on, actually - currently debating getting a Helix Floor off them, as they have the cheapest price online currently by some margin!

Anyone seeing any Boxing Day discount codes that actually work at any of the major stores? So far no luck for me on finding any valid ones.
    edited December 2020
    hduns said:
    Peach do have an end of year sale on, actually - currently debating getting a Helix Floor off them, as they have the cheapest price online currently by some margin!

Anyone seeing any Boxing Day discount codes that actually work at any of the major stores? So far no luck for me on finding any valid ones.
    Ah yeah, Peach appear to have held over their Black Friday stuff, but not all of it. 

Regent Sounds is doing £10 off £50 with the code ‘FESTIVE’. 
  • PMT have the best sale so far. 
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5036
    Whitecat said:

The North American Guitar advertising a small sale which is pretty much a biweekly thing with them anyway and now that they have no stuff in the UK may not be worth it but there it is. 

@Whitecat - that's a new one on me. Do they have no guitars at all in the UK? Since when, so you know?
    Call me Dave.
    edited December 2020
    DB1 said:
    Whitecat said:

@Whitecat - that's a new one on me. Do they have no guitars at all in the UK? Since when, so you know?
    Apparently since mid-pandemic. They closed their Watford showroom and moved stock to their Nashville lease which is now the only physical address they have. If you buy now they ship from there - and they prepay VAT etc for you so it’s fairly seamless. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5036
    Ah, interesting, thanks.
    Call me Dave.
  • Whitecat said:
    DB1 said:
    Whitecat said:

Apparently since mid-pandemic. They closed their Watford showroom and moved stock to their Nashville lease which is now the only physical address they have. If you buy now they ship from there - and they prepay VAT etc for you so it’s fairly seamless. 
    Bit of a shame as their London showroom was stunning
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15283
    PMT have the best sale so far. 
    … BUT … do they have the actual guitars shown in the photographs? ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PMT have the best sale so far. 
    … BUT … do they have the actual guitars shown in the photographs? ;)
    Could be from any site... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 7024
    Nothing anywhere really.. propa shite. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15283
    "Non-essential", innit?

Perhaps, things would be different if the music stores offered scotch eggs?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 10237
    Andertons have a custom 22 I wouldn't mind. £100 off a three and a half grand guitar.
    To be honest, it's not even worth discounting if you're going to do that
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AsomodaiAsomodai Frets: 105
    The Jackson Adrian Smith SDX series for 350 at Richtone is really tempting me, though I was really looking for a 24 frets :-/
    Ibanez RG550 Genesis

Musicman Stingray USA

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    I don't like buying anything in the sales.
    I can't bear the thought of people thinking I'm cheap.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 953
    These guitar shop sales are getting more like  the DFS sales all the time, on all year round with no real discounts on anything  except the same old stuff that’s been the same price or less most of the year. You try finding anything above 25% off when they advertise ‘up to 50% off’ and any real bargains are usually out of stock.
    Sick of these stores taking us for idiots yet I still keep looking!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    PhilW1 said:
    These guitar shop sales are getting more like  the DFS sales all the time, on all year round with no real discounts on anything  except the same old stuff that’s been the same price or less most of the year. You try finding anything above 25% off when they advertise ‘up to 50% off’ and any real bargains are usually out of stock.
    Sick of these stores taking us for idiots yet I still keep looking!
    PMT had exactly one guitar I could find at 50% off - a lefty Fender CS Tele, and it was sold out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Does anyone know if GG will do a sale? I’m sure they normally do but maybe they hold off until new year.

Agree that so far it is most token price drops. 
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1223
    PMT had a nice Seafood Green CS 62 Strat down to £2500. But went pretty quick.
  • I'd quite like to get a 7-string, but I've not seen anything particular in the sales I've looked at yet.