Pre cbs 63 tele comparison with a Mexican telecaster

What's Hot
Which one do you prefer? 

https://youtu.be/L5QzKC0KZVM
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1462
    edited December 2020
    Great video. I do prefer the original 63, but not a great deal in it. The 63 sounds like it has more bottom end and something slightly more complex about the mids in it. The Mex was more vanilla sounding to me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @hyperben its close isn’t it 
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1462
    @hyperben its close isn’t it 
    Yeh really close. Just shows what great bang for your buck a Mexican model can be :)
  • It just shows that most guitarists buy using bragging rights  and not their  talent as a measuring tool. 
  • @Strangefan i like both of them I’m lucky to have a 63 tele but for touring and gigs I use a vintera mex tele does the job 
  • I am the new owner of a Squier CV 50’s strat and I have to say it’s every bit as good as 6 vintage strats I’ve owned minus the obvious mojo. I have had two 62’s, a 64, a 65, a 66 and a 69, all brilliant but not dramatically ‘better’. I have done a few small mods to the squier, a better pickguard and taken the neck finish back to a more satin feel but that’s it. It rings like a bell and sounds like a great strat should. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @jimmyguitar i love Cv to I got an esquire it’s brilliant 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20608
    edited December 2020
    I am the new owner of a Squier CV 50’s strat and I have to say it’s every bit as good as 6 vintage strats I’ve owned minus the obvious mojo. I have had two 62’s, a 64, a 65, a 66 and a 69, all brilliant but not dramatically ‘better’. I have done a few small mods to the squier, a better pickguard and taken the neck finish back to a more satin feel but that’s it. It rings like a bell and sounds like a great strat should. 
    Rings true. I had a very early Squier CV 50’s 2 tone Sunburst strat & it was lovely to look at and to play.
    Professionally fitted a parchment 
    scratch plate & a good setup & it sang like a singing thing
    Still actually regret trading up for a Gibson... sniff.

Edit: Found an old photo. Parchment shows more as white, but it was always very subtle.
    Better than the all white single ply IMHO.