Sept 5th, Our Black Heart, Camden: Pet Slimmers Of The Year/Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster/OMSQ

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
This is going down and I absolutely cannot wait! Would love to see some forumers there, have a beer and a chit-chat and all that jazz.

A night of atmospheric post-metal, drone and sludge from three instrumental bands.

-----------------
Pet Slimmers of the Year

A trio from Peterborough, whose use of dynamic changes flow so masterfully from the ambient melodies to the heavy metal-laden riffs that you never notice the nuances until they're overwhelming you.

Their new album 'Fragments Of Uniforms' has just come out on 14th April on Candlelight Records, and is worth every penny.

http://petslimmersoftheyear.bandcamp.com/

"A band that favours creating atmosphere and intensity via cycled patterns and subtlety over using a sledgehammer" - Echoes And Dust

"Very precisely structured, intelligently crafted" - The Sludgelord

"Much in common with the likes of Winterfylleth" - Thrash Hits

-----------------
OMSQ

An instrumental drone, psyche and sludge band travelling up from Brussels. Favouring long, drawn out atmospheric build-ups with ominous overtones, erupting into epic stoner and space rock riffs. A true fusion of the unpolished doom aesthetic with the precise production of electronica and post-metal.

They have two split EPs out on Belgian label Antée Records and have already blown UK audiences away while sharing the stage with Djvera, Hey Colossus, Humanfly, Palehorse and Solaris.

http://omsq.bandcamp.com/

-----------------
Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster

A band that has etched themselves into the heart of underground UK post-metal. With a few promising early releases, culminating in the widely acclaimed album 'Exegesis' being released and revered, this London-based four piece have endured lineup changes and various obstacles and come out the other side.

Now back as an instrumental band, we're sure that we're not alone in being hugely excited about the new material that they're writing.

http://www.bridgedisaster.co.uk/

"An expansive, vast ocean of sounds that is never too technical for its good" - Sloucher

"One of the more surprisingly solid albums of the year" - Sputnik Music

---------

£4 at http://www.wegottickets.com/event/281059
£5 on the door

Promoter: www.chaostheorymusic.co.uk
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    I'll see if I can come down, this sounds like fun :)
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    You defo should :)
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I'll try and get down, but I do have to be at work around 6-30 saturday morning.....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Pull an all nighter mate.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Drew_fx said:
    Pull an all nighter mate.

I would, but I'm a knackered fucker.......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Aye, come down y'all.
    Yay! Tomorrow!
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    Ah shit dude, I forgot about this and now I've agreed to work this evening! Sorry man, hope it goes super well though. I'll be thinking wistfully of what I could be enjoying while I'm slaving away in a supermarket tonight, if that makes it any better...

Hopefully I'll get to see you guys at some other point. :)
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    Bucket you're a lamer ;)

We're on about 8:00ish if anyone else is curious :)
    That was a fucking epic and sweaty gig.

There was a girl there from Mexico who re-arranged her flight back home just to come and see us. Was kinda blown away by that!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's awesome Drew. \m/

Makes me wonder why you seem to get so down sometimes about where you are and where you think you should be. :D

Any footage?
    That's awesome Drew. \m/

Makes me wonder why you seem to get so down sometimes about where you are and where you think you should be. :D

Probably manic depressive or bipolar - never been diagnosed though. At the least OCD and terminal sadness. Helps with writing choons though. ;)

Any footage?
    I think there will be some actually, just not sure when!
  • Drew_fx said:
    That's awesome Drew. \m/

Probably manic depressive or bipolar - never been diagnosed though. At the least OCD and terminal sadness. Helps with writing choons though. ;)

Any footage?
    I think there will be some actually, just not sure when!
    I can dig that, for sure.

Cool!