Any love for the Fender VG strat?

ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12256
I got mine in 2008, It was my main guitar for a while
these were really cheap for a while recently, but now seem expensive again

I think there are some really usable sounds, especially for someone performing live
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12256
    edited December 2020
    Pete Thorn demo

I think this is the G-5 VG, the second version

edited December 2020
    Cheesy official video

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    I nearly bought one at one point. I do like the COSM sound system, it is much more forgiving than MIDI on a guitar (no triggering bum notes all the time!) and you can get interesting sounds out of it. I do worry a bit about the technology failing and spares being scarce with this sort of thing though. I built my own midi guitar and I have a GR-55 for the COSM sounds so I won't need one now.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15283
    It is easier to control the technology when it is in a floor unit with pedals for switching and a treadle (or two) for Expression control.

I own a VG-99 and have recently tried the VG-88. The tracking is good on both but the -99 has a better editing screen and the capability to layer two modelled sounds simultaneously.

I think there are some really usable sounds, especially for someone performing live.
    Indubitably. 

Exposed, some of the COSM modelled guitar sounds have imperfections. Within a mix, they are perfectly acceptable. Enjoy.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    It is easier to control the technology when it is in a floor unit with pedals for switching and a treadle (or two) for Expression control.

I own a VG-99 and have recently tried the VG-88. The tracking is good on both but the -99 has a better editing screen and the capability to layer two modelled sounds simultaneously.

I think there are some really usable sounds, especially for someone performing live.
    Indubitably. 

Exposed, some of the COSM modelled guitar sounds have imperfections. Within a mix, they are perfectly acceptable. Enjoy.

I had a VG88, then a VG99
    My biggest issue was the amp modelling on those
    There were some nice alternate tunings I used to use on the vg99, but was prepared to lose