Vibrating and buzzing 5f1 clone

Hi everyone, 

My 5f1 Danplifier is vibrating a fair bit, there's at least two different resonances I'm picking up. I'm pretty sure one is a valve and the other is something chassis related or something else. 

I'd really appreciate some help on the best way to go about trouble shooting the problems. 

Many thanks

Richard

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73107
    Basically you need to keep it vibrating - guitar feeding back, someone else playing, or a looper pedal, if you don't have an audio frequency signal generator - and poke around until you find what stops it. If it's inside the chassis you of course need to do it with the amp live, so use something insulated like a chopstick...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    Cheers @ICBM ; I'll  try that. When I do find what's causing it have you got any recommendations of materials to have to hand that might be useful for dampening etc. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73107
    Rich210 said:
    Cheers @ICBM ; I'll  try that. When I do find what's causing it have you got any recommendations of materials to have to hand that might be useful for dampening etc. 
    That depends what's buzzing!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Hi Rich. Drop me a PM and I'll see if we can track it down. Usually a simple fix. 
    @4114Effects pm incoming  :)
  • PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    Probable suspects are valves first - so try substituting each in turn , and then possible transformer lamination rattle ? 
    Thanks Pete,  I had intended on having a look today but I got distracted in the studio playing rather loud