SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD CF Mountain - W230 - Martin D28 Copy

BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4840
edited January 2021 in Acoustics £
Finally going to stick this up for sale, as it sits in its case gathering dust never getting the play time it deserves. 

It sounds really loud and has a boat load of clarity, I'm guessing due to its age. Looks pretty cool too!

Not sure of its vintage but I'm suspecting late 70s, I believe it has a solid spruce top and laminate Rosewood back and sides. I think the neck is mahogany but can't confirm as Google has conflicting info! It also has neck binding and lovely marquetry in the body/back joint. Basically aping a D28!

It shows signs of its age, which I've tried to picture reasonably well. There's a dent that appears to have cracked the top layer of laminate near the rear strap button, but that's been stable for all the time I've owned it (nearly 17 years now). An L shaped dent in the neck, and other small marks and things on the body. Again most of them are pictured. The bridge has a dent/chip in it and a hole neither of which affect its function. 

It plays well, although the frets aren't very tall and one or two have lifted slightly. The action is pretty decent, the pic below shows a Dunlop 0.73mm pick under the string. Unfortunately I can't check if it's bellied but it doesn't look like it has. Other than that it's in decent nick, and in need of a loving home! Currently strung with 12-53 I think. 

Difficult to price these based on internet/eBay/Reverb, it comes.in a shitty case and I don't want to ship it as a result. However sold prices range from £175-£300+ so with that in mind, I was thinking of starting at £200 collected or I can deliver within a reasonable distance of Leicestershire. I'm a keyworker and travel to Aylesbury for work, so happy to meet up around there too. If anyone can guide me on pricing better or if I've overpriced it then let me know as I'm literally clueless with acoustics!

Cheers

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I’ve been looking for the 12 string version of this for years.  (My late father had one and my brother sold it).   

They seem pretty rare but that was a lovely guitar. iirc it was bought in 1977 so that would fit with your estimate for the age.    A shame it’s the 6 string or I’d have grabbed it - someone is going to get a very nice old guitar.    
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4840
    John_P said:
    I’ve been looking for the 12 string version of this for years.  (My late father had one and my brother sold it).   

They seem pretty rare but that was a lovely guitar. iirc it was bought in 1977 so that would fit with your estimate for the age.    A shame it’s the 6 string or I’d have grabbed it - someone is going to get a very nice old guitar.    
    Cheers dude, I thought I remembered a while back that someone was looking for one, completely slipped my mind that it was the 12 string version. 

It's a lovely sounding old guitar I have to say, it's really loud compared to my other acoustic too. I was giving it a play after taking pictures and my wife thought I was upstairs it was that loud, hahaha.

If I'm way off on pricing let me know!

Bump

Bump