This guy has superb technique ...

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
I know that a lot of people here aren't into widdly, shreddy music. I've always been drawn to it somewhat, although these days I'm not into an albums worth of widdle in one hit. I do still turf out the odd video that I quite like.

Anyway, this guy Igor Paspalj is clearly a guy with a fabulous level of technique, and this video is just 1.40 so won't waste too much time if anyone cares to see it. I think that he has a great touch and feel as well as shreddy chops.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10693
    I’d love to be able to play like that. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • vizviz Frets: 10693
    Correction: I’d love to have been able to get to that level, before I got old and stopped improving. I think you really need to get there or thereabouts by the time you’re 30 at the very latest. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • westwest Frets: 996
    pauls intense rock tuition vid was released in 1987 just to show how ahead of this kind of game he was ... pure facility nothing else ....

•  :) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They both have quite similar picking styles I noticed.  
  • Love this , I love the staccato feel with the speed too ,flippin brilliant 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    Kinda reminds me of a mix of Greg howe,George lynch and Petrucci x3 of my fav players very nice.

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10405
    Not that impressed but I wanted to be. It was OK but too cliched in most of the sweeping bits for me and some of the faster legato runs were pointless. I've got no problem with fast playing, love it but I'm looking for players who have the speed but with a cleaner tone and more clever choice of notes . 
    I do prefer his player to 90 % of that kind of playing though, at least he puts a lot of expression into it. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 

Insightful ...
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    He's a great player - he did a track called Full Throttle which is awesome too. 

@viz - never too old to get better!!  =)
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    Great technique but just sounds same as a lot of other players doing that fusion thing ..very Cliche with the wide vibrato like Greg Howe....and why does every note need to be so aggressive..
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    Erm, prefer to listen to my own playing TBH :)
    Most modern sheders are fairly bland.
    Guthrie is great tho
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Igor was an entrant in the JTC Jam of the Month and then ended up becoming an instructor on the site - he's a killer player and this is just one song - everybody is so quick to "not like" someone based on one vid. 

I think you'll find most players overplay, show off or do all the usual shreddy things when it's a guitar comp - the guy is an astounding player - check out his other stuff - he can do a lot more than this!

• BradBrad Frets: 659
    edited January 2021
    west said:

Insightful ...
    Worth a thread in itself! Not quite sure of the relevance to the OP mind...
    Well i suppose i was trying to show that players like krantz ( and others ) have actually moved the bar forward in a more original way Technique wise than the chap in the op who is fine but hasnt really added anything since the early 80's but i also take the point this is the only thing ive seen of him and does it really matter ?  and the instrument has its limitations ... ;)
  • BradBrad Frets: 659
    west said:
    Well i suppose i was trying to show that players like krantz ( and others ) have actually moved the bar forward in a more original way Technique wise than the chap in the op who is fine but hasnt really added anything since the early 80's but i also take the point this is the only thing ive seen of him and does it really matter ?  and the instrument has its limitations ...
    Had a feeling that was the case wink the likes of Krantz et al, are just on a completely different level to even a lot of the ‘best’ players IMO.