SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn Gretsch PowerJet Firebird Red 2009 £1150

What's Hot
floeighty2floeighty2 Frets: 170
edited October 2021 in Guitars £
Hello everyone, 

Here I have my beloved Gretsch Powerjet, which is one of the prettiest guitars I have ever owned. It is a very reluctant offer, but I don’t play it and when I do I feel particularly useless, but on top of that redundancy has hit me hard so it’s on the block, although I will consider trades which I will list later, but needs may mean they’re in the for sale section sooner rather than later too.

The guitar has been in my possession for around 2 years, bought off reverb from the original owner. 

The condition I would say is very good, sadly it was described to me as in ‘mint’ condition, there are two small marks through to the wood near the input jack which I was very disappointed about.  The frets and board are in great condition and it sounds very good, although I know the TV Jones Powertrons are not to everyone’s liking, I found the middle position in both switches with both pickups on a really delightful clean sound. 

The guitar comes with original hardcase, but no bits and bobs (hang tags, manual etc)

I will endeavour to take better photos when I can, but wanted to get the ball rolling.

I will happily answer any questions. I’m hesitant about postage as allegedly the original owner thought the damage happened in transit (the marks are near impossible to have happened in the case), but it can be discussed. 

I paid £1450, which is maybe a touch too much in the good words of AC/DC so £1150 for forum members as I’ve been approached by dealers (not on here) who are willing to offer this, I would just rather it went to someone who really wants it. 

Trade wise I would be interested in rosewood board Stratocasters and Jazzmasters 

Thanks!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6079
    Love a Powerjet. An often misunderstood Gretsch and people do sometimes call them muddy because of the Powertrons. They’re not really muddy at all but are very ‘middy’. These guitars do what they’re designed to do better than anything else I’ve played. If you have a band (remember them??) that likes to rock, nothing cuts through like a Powerjet. Plug one into a cooking AC15 or 30, let loose and it will make you feel like a rock god. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajl said:
    Love a Powerjet. An often misunderstood Gretsch and people do sometimes call them muddy because of the Powertrons. They’re not really muddy at all but are very ‘middy’. These guitars do what they’re designed to do better than anything else I’ve played. If you have a band (remember them??) that likes to rock, nothing cuts through like a Powerjet. Plug one into a cooking AC15 or 30, let loose and it will make you feel like a rock god. 
    I really love the guitar, I just don’t pick it up enough. It really is with a heavy heart, but would rather have the cash to help me out a bit or something that I will definitely play more which is value to me. Took me sooo long to get one in red as well! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hit me with potential trades! I can only say no or maybe or yes...I might be adding my Les Paul traditional too later if that’s of any interest, maybe even both of them for one guitar???
  • Price drop and added a trade option, but but would also consider Les Paul specials (2 x P90). 
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 399
    Is postage an option in the UK?
    TA jon
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Oh...withdrawn!!!
  • Hey @JonHosker it was up for quite a while and had not much interest bar a couple of low balls so thought I’d hang in a while.  Yes, postage is possible especially due to current climate. Thanks! 
    Thanks...I am interested, Jon
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JonHosker said:
    Thanks...I am interested, Jon
    Ok, great, send me a PM of you fancy discussing further or have trade options! 
  • Back for sale.  I’ve held on to it for as long as I could, but my previous redundancy has left me no choices now. 
  • Trade options added to see if anyone is interested. Thanks 
  • Price drop bump, however, collection only for this price or I can drive a little bit to meet. Thanks! 
  • Little bump for a slightly different trade option. Rosewood board Stratocasters are currently on my radar and fancy a Jazzmaster again. 
  • Final price drop, I’m hoping £1150 is a great price! 
  • Final price drop, I’m hoping £1150 is a great price! 
    That is most definitely a great price! Be very surprised if that didn't get snapped up very quickly...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I wish the above comment had come true! However, still here. Took it to Steve Curtis at The Guitar Repair Workshop today for a set up and make sure it’s all good, which it is! Fresh 11s on and ready to go!