Mick Bloody Taylor!!

What's Hot
cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360
Not the old Guitarist Ed, the former Rolling Stone. Now I have always been a big fan of his and the era of Stones output he contributed to but I went out for a walk this morning with The Goats Head Soup Deluxe for company and it reminded me why. Naturally skipped straight to the live stuff which I believe is the famous Brussels Affair Bootleg done all official like. Holy Christ, the version of Midnight Rambler is astonishing and Taylors tone and phrasing through the breakdown is absolutely breathtaking.
Might not be everyones thing obviously but I can't think of a player I like more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3TbZ6ZCtyI&list=RDE3TbZ6ZCtyI&start_radio=1
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JohnS37JohnS37 Frets: 345
    I had the good fortune to meet, and briefly jam with, Mick Taylor way back in 1970, shortly after he joined the Stones, at his flat in Bayswater.  Charming guy.  It was my birthday and he gave me his copy of the rare promotional album, complete with letter from Decca and press release.
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    edited January 2021
    One of the best; "Blues From Laurel Canyon" has supreme Les Paul/Marshall tones, roaring intro to "The Bear" and solo on "Fly Tomorrow".   I even had his solo LP.  
    I did have a Stones concert bootleg on tape somewhere and he played slide on the intro to "Gimme Shelter", imitating the original Merry Clayton vocal.  Tremendous. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom