PHOTO COMPETITION #16 - JANUARY 2021

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• 3rd - @Shrews ;

(Also an honourable mention to @westford for capturing reflections in more ways than one.)

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3159
    1st - @skullfunkerry ;
    2nd - @Jonathangus ;
    3rd - @Kittyfrisk ;

A really excellent crop of reflections! As somebody who is slowly learning how to make pics interesting with a mobile, I will lean towards creativity and 'a shot I wouldn't have taken because I didn't see it'. I love winter reflections too. 
  • 1 @Winnie_Pooh - I love the warm minimalism. Wet beaches are a great place to photograph. 

2 @menamestom - Nice use of foreground to add depth to the landscape

@Cj73 - I love the detail in this but brightening of the centre with something like a radial filter would have helped. I'm not sure what the thing in the middle is, a stone? A log? And otter's face? 

Also I want to mention @Jimbro66 - if the framing was just a little further down to capture the full swan above and below then it would be perfect! 
    Maximum volume yields maximum results
  • westfordwestford Frets: 599
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    This month I could easily have voted four 1sts, four 2nds and four 3rds!  So I’m going just by personal preference:

1. @Jonathangus ;
    2. @Shrews ;
    3. @SUNBATHER ;
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4746
  • *** VOTING IS NOW CLOSED ***
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    edited January 2021
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4257
    edited January 2021
    There was a really good spread of votes this month, and personally speaking this has been one of my favourite themes for a while, too. There was a clear winner though:

*drum roll*

Take a bow, @Winny_Pooh!

Congratulations! Have a think about what you'd like February's theme to be and then drop me a PM

As ever, thank you to everyone who entered. I could quite happily have declared this month a draw with everyone in first place if it was up to me.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom