Les Paul wire need help

Anyone know what this is 

never seen it bedfellows was setup with the out of phase mod I want to revert it back

what the output is connected too

https://imgur.com/gallery/QL0wKAu

thanks James 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74503
    edited January 2021
    Standard modern Gibson construction. If it's out of phase, one of the pickup magnets has been flipped - they're only single-core cable so you can't reverse it at the cavity end. Connecting the grounds by wrapping a bare wire around the braiding is not ideal, although it should work OK.

I can't see the bare wire in the multicore switch cable - if it's not connected to ground the guitar will be very noisy. It needs to go to the same terminal as the green wire. It's a good idea to shorten all the coloured cores of the switch cable to as short as possible as well, that significantly reduces noise even when the shield is connected.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Cheers just wanting to kinks what the middle bit Is on the pate that the output wire is connect too

cheers mate 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74503
    Wrighty22 said:
    Cheers just wanting to kinks what the middle bit Is on the pate that the output wire is connect too
    It's just a terminal strip to join the switch cable to the jack cable. The braiding is connected to the hole in the ground terminal and the core goes to the other one. Ideally, you want to cut back the grey cable so the black, green and bare wires are only about half an inch long, and the red and white ones are as short as possible to reach the volume controls. It makes a big difference to how much noise there is when you're not touching the strings.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Okay thanks for your help I think I sorted it