Electro Nylon Issues

Can proximity to a TV affect the sound of an acoustic or electro nylon.  My new Roland amp is just under my TV and the electro nylon I use cuts out after a while playing, yet there is no problem if moved away from TV. Anyone else had this with a guitar Thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72719
    Is the amp getting hot?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• tonyrathtonyrath Frets: 51
    No just tested guitar on 3 different Roland's away from TV fine
  • MDKVMDKV Frets: 56
    I would have thought you'd be getting additional noise from the TV but it's odd it's cutting out! Tried fresh batteries? 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited July 2014
    Tony .. your battery needs changing ... :-)

Alternatively dodgy lead or damaged plug socket.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72719
    tonyrath said:
    No just tested guitar on 3 different Roland's away from TV fine
    Have you tried the actual one that's cutting out elsewhere?

If the same one works fine elsewhere then it's either getting hot under the TV or it's picking up some sort of interference which is overloading something in it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein