Customer Service

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1559

I have only bought a few small things from them, via eBay, for home builds. I can't say I have ever had an issue with them, but like others on here I'm not sure I will in the future.

I wonder if this thread has been flagged to them yet?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4180
    Another addition to my retailer shitlist.
  • Sad to read this. Bought a Vibramate from them directly a couple of months ago...simple transaction obviously: no problems.
  • Bought a couple of sets of machine heads from them over the past twelve months and not had any problems.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9723
    Send them a link to this thread...
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2432
    Why the thread title change @chunkmonk? Have they made further contact with you?
  • Switch625Switch625 Frets: 592
    I'm wondering the same...
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3727
    shuikit said:
    chunkmonk said:
    Interestingly, NorthWest have also come back indicating that ‘ the responsibility to prove that the item was defective during manufacture rests solely with the you, the purchaser It is the buyer’s responsibility to prove the defect was present when the product was manufactured, it’s not our responsibility’.

Does this imply sellers can take no responsibility for the quality of product which they sell?

If you're within 6 months of purchase, then it is the retailer who is responsible for proving that it is not a manufacturing fault

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange/#goods
    Interesting. I had a battle just the other day with a bike shop. Bought my son a bike before Xmas. He didn't ride it as his old helmet didn't fit, so it went straight from car to shed for a couple of weeks. Noticed rear wheel was slightly out of true so when I went to buy a helmet, took it with me. Cue long, drawn discussion wherein I was told 'he must have ridden it under-inflated' and 'we'll have to see if it's covered under warranty', ultimately ending in 'as a gesture of goodwill...'...which really boils my piss. So we continued until it was understood that a) he was accusing me of lying and b) he'd probably want to rethink that. 

It's the car dealership approach to customer relations. Once it's been driven away...tough titty.
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    I had an issue with Samsung about ten years ago. A little bedroom TV developed a fault with the screen, so I took it back. Samsung 'Customer Services' told me that I had obviously damaged it. I hadn't.

They refused to honour their warranty, so I said that - in spite of really only buying Samsung stuff at that point (I think I had three TV's, two laptops, a netbook, a monitor, a couple of DVD players, all Samsung) that I would never knowingly buy anything made by them again, and that I would encourage anybody that I knew to take on board my customer experience when deciding what electrical/electronic goods to buy in future.

So I haven't, and I won't - I can hold a grudge for ever. Clearly they've managed to survive without me, but at least I've spent a few thousand pounds with other companies, and not them in the past ten years.
    Call me Dave.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I’m with you @DB1   anyone that provides me with shit service I’ll only ever use again if there’s no other option.  Anyone that does the opposite I’ll go out of my way to use them again and again, no excuse for it especially when it can do a company more harm than good
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2916
    Why the thread name change dude? Hopefully you have sorted the issue. :)