MINI KLON(E)

What's Hot
JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1641
Anyone own one? Anyone build them? I mean a Klone in a Mooer-sized box. Don't know if it's feasible

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    The APIs Project by Beejive is one - currently there's a waiting list for PCBs.

Can it be done? @Juansolo has done it but didn't enjoy it much.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319

There is a guy on TGP that does it.

Although i really want one from PedalProjects, emailed them last week, Tweeted to them and no answer !

• I don't think pedal projects do them, but I know he's very into some oddball distortion effects. He's been known to make HM-2 clones, and has also been known to tweak the boss mega distortion.

Pretty cool guy, actually, I'm hoping he does many more original designs - stuff like the HM-2 won't sell many, so it's just custom one offs.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    I don't think pedal projects do them, but I know he's very into some oddball distortion effects. He's been known to make HM-2 clones, and has also been known to tweak the boss mega distortion.

Pretty cool guy, actually, I'm hoping he does many more original designs - stuff like the HM-2 won't sell many, so it's just custom one offs.
    How do you get in touch with him at Pedal Projects?  I can't get him to answer my question, i only asked if he could put a mermaid design on a Klone lol
  • I had a chat via Facebook.

He's very busy these days though, he's studying electronic engineering iirc, as well as running his business. He does all the finishing and drilling himself though so he should be able to do something, while still making it look like a PP pedal.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3667
    Not sure the mojo will fit into such a small enclosure?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1778
    frankus said:

They're a sod to make. I could probably make two 1590B (MXR) sized ones in the time it takes to make one 1590A (Mooer) sized one. Swore I wouldn't do another and if I did I'd charge too much for it ;)

Pickdropper (in the US, can get him on the Madbean site), makes about the best custom Mooer sized pedals there are (and indeed some of the best made pedals I've ever seen). He'd probably do one for you. Again, probably won't be cheap.

Some examples of his work:

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1641
    They do look nice. I'll look him up, thanks

edited July 2014
    I do have one of his Klone boards for a 1590A (was saving it for a multi I never built). I could probably be persuaded to make one for £150. Though bear in mind I'll shove one in a 1590B for you for £90... Exactly the same pedal (well bigger PCB... much easier to build).

I still won't enjoy it though... ;) I swear a lot when I'm building those little bastards.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1641
    thanks. let me ponder it. am just shifting a few pedals around...need to see what space i am left with. might be able to accommodate the larger one when all's said and done

edited July 2014
    One of the reasons I'm not keen on the 1590A is that it doesn't save as much actual board space as you'd think unless you make them all like Dave's above so the jacks are out of the way of each other. Otherwise they're not massively smaller than the MXR in real board terms and they're a hell of a lot more unstable when used in anger.

Personally I made a few of them purely as I've got several million pedals and it saves on storage space... Still I've even stopped doing them for that reason now. I just go 1590B and be damned :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10362
    Spooky thread, i was going to ask the exact same thing so i could downsize and use my erroneous Mooer hard case pedal board!

Don't suppose the Sweet Honey (what the Joyo Sweet Baby is based on) is more feasible?
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
    They're all feasible, just a PITA ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2460
    juansolo said:
    frankus said:

They're a sod to make. I could probably make two 1590B (MXR) sized ones in the time it takes to make one 1590A (Mooer) sized one. Swore I wouldn't do another and if I did I'd charge too much for it ;)

Pickdropper (in the US, can get him on the Madbean site), makes about the best custom Mooer sized pedals there are (and indeed some of the best made pedals I've ever seen). He'd probably do one for you. Again, probably won't be cheap.

Some examples of his work:

Wow they look pretty sweet.