Black Guitars - Show Us Yours.

What's Hot

Comments

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3427
    edited January 2021

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    Two of my favourite Black legends right now ...

Eastman SB59v in Vintage Satin Nitro

Fano ADF JM6 Builders Select

www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    edited January 2021
    Novo Miris J and Squier VI

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    edited January 2021

We have the excellent 6 and 12 string Harley Benton HB Custom Line Dreadnought guitars.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

We have the Harley Benton Classic Series

6 & 12 string and Bass.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2021

This was the guitar that got me back into playing again last year.

Fender Squier Affinity P-Bass.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2021
    One of my favourites.

Fender Squier Bullet Mustang.

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5893
    Whitecat said: ...........

Matt is a super under-appreciated builder on these shores. I guess you have to kind of be in the retro/quirky nearly-offset mindset to appreciate what he does but if that’s your vibe then it’s as good as anything out there (and I say that as a Novo/Kauer owner...)
    I’m sure if Fidelity offered something more polished in design concept and went down the better trod path of shapes and colours then they’d sell a lot more guitars. 

Personally, I’m kinda glad they don’t. I’ve not long had my Double Standard but I adore it. Love how it looks like a safety boot and plays like a pointe shoe. 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5508
    dazzajl said:
    Whitecat said: ...........

Matt is a super under-appreciated builder on these shores. I guess you have to kind of be in the retro/quirky nearly-offset mindset to appreciate what he does but if that’s your vibe then it’s as good as anything out there (and I say that as a Novo/Kauer owner...)
    I’m sure if Fidelity offered something more polished in design concept and went down the better trod path of shapes and colours then they’d sell a lot more guitars. 

Personally, I’m kinda glad they don’t. I’ve not long had my Double Standard but I adore it. Love how it looks like a safety boot and plays like a pointe shoe. 
    I’m definitely ok with him not making me-too guitars! Imagine that as a small shop he’s got about as much as he can handle anyway. Guitar building seems to be a hard business to scale, and there are loads of horror stories out there about one-man-shops taking people’s money and failing to deliver - very happy that’s not how he does things and long may it continue. :)
    edited January 2021
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5893

• BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2968
    jdgm said:
    Love the Ibanez!

1983 MIJ System III Contemporary Strat -

That's' lovely! back in the 80s I had six guitars, all black. One was a Contemporary Strat with a system I trem. I really wanted a second one with a system III, but they'd been discontinued, and I ended up with a used one in cream... I never did like the colour.

The only one of those guitars I still have is a '78 Guild:

I tend to go for strong colours these days, but still love black on some guitars, like batwing SGs, these are the only other black guitars I have ATM:

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4788
    I don't have a black guitar - used to have a Shaftesbury Les Paul but that was sold a long time ago.  An ebony Les Paul Custom with gold hardware is about the only black guitar I really like.

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10534

This is my 84 Tokai Strat ... with honest real relic'ing. It's had a refret and plays great. I think it looks really cools 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6831
    @Mudcrutch are you a shop?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • enjoenjo Frets: 280
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    I love black guitars, but I seem to have accidentally not got any at the moment... unless transparent black (top only) counts.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein