lovepedal Provalve 2

Mark1985Mark1985 Frets: 234
Hey. Ive been looking a pedal to get me into some classic rock territory. Would this do the trick? Ive listened to a few demos on youtube but theyre quite hard to judge most of the time. I play an American deluxe tele into a blues deluxe.

I suppose what im asking is... Have any of you knowledgeable lot used the same setup or similar with this pedal and how does it sound.

Thanks in advance for any input!!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• photekphotek Frets: 1507
    edited July 2014
    I have had a couple. They are high gain even with the gain set low and they are also pretty fierce in the high mids. If you ride your volume control you can get some amazing tones from them but if you are a stomp and forget person then I would look elsewhere.

I was using a Nash T52 into a hot rod deluxe and a Les Paul into bad cat hot cat 30.

I much preferred: Rothwell Hellbender, OCD, DLS and King of Tone clone with my tele.
  • the pro valve 2 doesn't work well into fender voiced amps, I got one from travisthedog and liked it into marshall style amps/vox amps, but every fender amp I stuck it into, it sucked.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    I haven't tried one, but in that classic rock sort of sound you can't go far wrong with a DLS or Distortron. 

You could also try an MXR Badass OD or Fulltone Plimsoul if you want something with more mids.