Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Which gig do you wish you could have attended by a band around in your lifetime?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• Led Zeppelin at the O2... I was nonexistent the first time round.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1946
    Jane's Addiction. I'd read a lot about them in US music mags, but not actually heard them. I was going to buy tickets to see them in Sheffield 1989. I was skint and some 'death to false metal' guy on my course told me 'don't bother, they are like a bad version of Guns and Roses' :-(

I eventually saw them at Rock City about 10 years ago, by which time they had become a Jane's Addiction tribute band. I'm still pissed off I missed them in their prime. 
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5458
    The Who in their prime. Lots and lots of others I'd like to have seen, but Pete and the lads in their pomp ... nothing compares to that.
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3576
    Gigs actually missed:

Pearl Jam, London, 1992. Drove 180 miles only to find out they'd cancelled. Missed the phone call by minutes. 

Soundgarden, Superunknown tour, Newport. Cancelled due to Cobain's suicide. 

• GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3576
    Lodious said:
    Jane's Addiction. I'd read a lot about them in US music mags, but not actually heard them. I was going to buy tickets to see them in Sheffield 1989. I was skint and some 'death to false metal' guy on my course told me 'don't bother, they are like a bad version of Guns and Roses' :-(

I eventually saw them at Rock City about 10 years ago, by which time they had become a Jane's Addiction tribute band. I'm still pissed off I missed them in their prime. 
    Saw them on the Ritual tour, Bristol. 
  • I would love to have seen;

The Beat

The Clash

The Who 

Would love to see (again) Crowded House.

• gordijigordiji Frets: 784
    Lynyrd Skynyrd at Knebworth '76. Great summer & great performance. Failing that the last of the gigs of Rainbow's world tour also '76 in Japan. Too young both times.( and too far for Japan)
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    gordiji said:
    Lynyrd Skynyrd at Knebworth '76. Great summer & great performance. Failing that the last of the gigs of Rainbow's world tour also '76 in Japan. Too young both times.( and too far for Japan)
    Yes, Skynyrd at Knebworth ‘76 would have been a dream for me too but I was 5 months old!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • I wish I'd gone to see Paul Mccartney in 1989 or perhaps in the 1990s. I wouldn't bother now. I had a ticket to see Queen at Wembley stadium in 1986. My mates were fans but I wasn't and decided to give it a miss. 
    Link to my trading feedback
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6079
    ICBM said:
    rlw said:
    Rolling Stones in Hyde Park - I couldn't be arsed...................
    A chap I used to work with was there. Couldn't see or hear a thing, apparently.
    I'd have liked to see the Stones at the Paris club gig they did in 2003. Seen them a couple of times (Wembley, Glastonbury) but a club is where you'd get the real deal. It must have been a good night; Charlie's smiling -

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4548
    I was there!!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22930
    zepp76 said:
    gordiji said:
    Yes, Skynyrd at Knebworth ‘76 would have been a dream for me too but I was 5 months old!
    I believe it's coming out on Blu-ray in a couple of months.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Philly_Q said:
    zepp76 said:
    gordiji said:
    I believe it's coming out on Blu-ray in a couple of months.
    Now that is exciting news! Thank you. I have the Freebird dvd but Blu-ray would be great.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22930
    @zepp76 it doesn't seem to be listed on Amazon yet, but info here:

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=28182
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • M1ckM1ck Frets: 231
    Allman brothers live at the Fillmore in particular for Stormy Monday - one of my all time favorite tracks by anyone!

• TanninTannin Frets: 5458
    The "in your lifetime" restriction keeps me from saying that I'd love to have seen Mozart conduct. 
  • There's only one - Peter Gabriel's Secret World tour.

Still kick myself for not nagging my dad to take me to that one.
    <space for hire>
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 489
    Rowland S. Howard

I was in Melbourne the week before he played The Espy in St Kilda. R.I.P.
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    Bands I never saw but wished I had:

The Jam
    Joy Division 
    The Sisters of Mercy (original line-up)
    The Smiths
    We are all Chameleons...
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4835
    edited March 2021
    There's loads but there's one I'd give anything to be able to have seen. Metallica live with Cliff Burton, not fussed which tour but the Ride or Puppets tours would be the better choices. Seen some video footage but as we know it's not the same. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.