SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD American Original 60s Thinline Tele (Natural) - £1150 shipped

What's Hot
TrudeTrude Frets: 916
edited October 2022 in Guitars £
EDIT - I ended up keeping this Tele after an unexpected bonus came in that cancelled out the tax bill mentioned below.  Happy days!  I've loved it ever since, have played it loads and gigged it a fair bit.  However, before I bought it I was pipped to the post on a great deal for a AO 70s Tele Custom, which is the Tele I really wanted.  I've just managed to snag one, and so I'll be letting the Thinline go to recoup the money and space.  Updated photos will be posted below, but I'll leave all the previous comments and photos in situ.

--------------original post-----------------------------------
Long story short - I bought an American Original 60s Thinline Tele from Bax Music just before the New Year's Brexit deadline.  I was quite pleased with myself, and was enjoying getting familiar with it until I got a letter from HMRC a few days ago.  Turns out I made a stupid error on last year's tax return and I'm now in the shit for quite a bit of money, which is accruing interest on a daily basis.  Deep joy.

I can return the guitar, and have already raised the RMA.  However, this will take a while for the guitar to travel back over the channel and be processed.  There are also new Brexit-related procedures which are making me a bit nervous.  So, I thought I would offer it up here for a quick UK sale just in case someone is after one of these.

It's dead mint, with all plastics still on the pickguard and neck pickup.  I have babied it for the short time it has been with me - I haven't even taken the protective foam off the case handle.  

£1150 shipped  

Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TrudeTrude Frets: 916
    Bumping this, as Bax are still having trouble getting their delivery labels in-line with the bastard Brexit rules that now apply.  I will return it to them as soon as I get the labels though, so now's the time to jump in if you fancy this!

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Withdrawn - it's now winging its way back across the channel.  Unlike our fresh (allegedly happy) British fish....

Trading feedback here
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'm going to start calling this the Boomerang Tele....  After UPS moved it around the country a few times, they decided to ship it back to me, after deliberately cutting the original invoice off the box, where I had attached it.  Reason for returning?  Original invoice not attached.  Somebody is taking the piss here.

Anyway, the good news is it's still in perfect condition (Bax double box their guitars), and also in the meantime the replacement tuner arrived from Fender UK, so I'll replace that before shipping.

I've just had a 1p final listing promo from eBay, so it'll go up there this weekend if nobody takes it here.  I'm sure as hell not going to attempt returning it via UPS again with all the current Brexit chaos going on.

Trading feedback here
    UPDATE - I ended up keeping this Tele after an unexpected bonus came in that cancelled out the tax bill mentioned above.  Happy days!  I've loved it ever since, have played it loads and gigged it a fair bit.  However, before I bought it I was pipped to the post on a great deal for a AO 70s Tele Custom, which is the Tele I really wanted.  I've just managed to snag one, and so I'll be letting the Thinline go to recoup the money and space.  Updated photos will be posted below, but I'll leave all the previous comments and photos in situ.

Trading feedback here

Nice & light!

All the goodies are present and correct:

Case is still unused:

Trading feedback here
    There is some natural play-wear to the nitro finish on the forearm area and a couple of spots on the neck:

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This thread has been a rollercoaster of emotions! Your Tele looks lovely and I hope it sells soon, if only so I can get some closure on these events!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    DrHungry said:
    This thread has been a rollercoaster of emotions! Your Tele looks lovely and I hope it sells soon, if only so I can get some closure on these events!
    Thanks - we'll have to remain strong for each other during these emotionally charged times!

Trading feedback here
    Let's have a bump then

Trading feedback here
    Just remembered there's a video of the Thinline in action here:  

Trading feedback here