Pedalboard switchers - some questions

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    Boromedic said:
    I finally (after being asked on here!), got around to using my Disaster Area DPC-5 as it's meant to be used. It can switch both my amp channels, switches 3 midi pedals (can do 4), and also has 5 loops for normal pedals. Initially the programming looked difficult, after the first one however I realised it was ridiculously straightforward. I can recommend it wholeheartedly, it's small and can be used to just access the looper on the Timeline too. 

I fricking hate tap dancing and now I have a three channel amp it's another button so it's kind of easier to have it as a preset. If you get fed up at a gig or something goes wrong, a simple press and hold brings you back to manual control too. 

@Boromedic How are you using you Source Audio EQ? What for, in front, in the loop, level, EQ 'shape'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4783
    NelsonP said:
    Boromedic said:
    I finally (after being asked on here!), got around to using my Disaster Area DPC-5 as it's meant to be used. It can switch both my amp channels, switches 3 midi pedals (can do 4), and also has 5 loops for normal pedals. Initially the programming looked difficult, after the first one however I realised it was ridiculously straightforward. I can recommend it wholeheartedly, it's small and can be used to just access the looper on the Timeline too. 

I fricking hate tap dancing and now I have a three channel amp it's another button so it's kind of easier to have it as a preset. If you get fed up at a gig or something goes wrong, a simple press and hold brings you back to manual control too. 

@Boromedic How are you using you Source Audio EQ? What for, in front, in the loop, level, EQ 'shape'
    Hi mate, I use the 4 presets in the fx loop, for shaping tone and also as a boost for my Strat so I can use the same presets without adjusting the pedals.

Preset one is a kinda clean tone shaper, preset 2 is at the moment nothing!, preset 3 is a mid scoop for heavy tones, preset 4 is the Strat booster. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    That's pretty much how I'm using mine. Still working on the settings though...
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4783
    NelsonP said:
    That's pretty much how I'm using mine. Still working on the settings though...
    Yeah, it's a powerful pedal that's for sure. I was sold on one after seeing Pete Thorns video of the Boss EQ, and I stole his ideas!!

I'm tempted to use preset 2 as always on tbh, as the whole setup sounds better with it on!!!!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.