The new Bad Cat "cougar" range; anyone tried 'em?

What's Hot
xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
Bad Cat branded chinese built, look like a bit of fun at a decent price from Thomann... apparently a collab between Bad Cat and Hansen, designed by the chap who designed the Peavey 5010.... anyone played one? 

Celestion V30's and baltic ply cabs seems alright on a cheap line?! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    The 15 looks like a sweet amp for the dosh.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I nearly bought the 50W head a few weeks ago but they have stopped selling it -  when I emailed thomann I got the impression they might only be selling the amps they have in stock - that's great if it's what you want but I'm not sure  about longer term support (thomann are good with their warranty but I'd be happier if they were stocking more).

I did a lot of investigating and reading about them when I was thinking of buying one - the background to them is as you say, badcat had a change of ownership and just prior to that they had an arrangement with Hanser who makes Kustom amps, to manufacture a range in china using a James Brown design, so it's not connected to the current Bad Cat company but is based on their usa amp and designed by the same people. 
    I think they look like a great buy but I wanted a head and they only seem to be available in the US now.
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    Thanks for the feedback guys! It's a shame they *may* be stopping production, i've only just seen them but they sure look like a good buy. I'm surprised they haven't had more hype in the UK. I can see why you had warranty reservations and stuff though, it doesn't sound too encouraging. I might plum for a 5w version in the knowledge that not a lot can go wrong with a 5w class A tube amp...
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750

Hymnal said:
    Thanks for the feedback guys! It's a shame they *may* be stopping production, i've only just seen them but they sure look like a good buy. I'm surprised they haven't had more hype in the UK. I can see why you had warranty reservations and stuff though, it doesn't sound too encouraging. I might plum for a 5w version in the knowledge that not a lot can go wrong with a 5w class A tube amp...
    If I was looking for a combo I'd have grabbed one - just typical that as soon as I had the cash to buy a head they stopped doing them.  I hope they do keep them in production but the marketing has been rather limited so few people in the Uk seem to know anything about them - a shame as they look (and from the clips) sound very nice to me.