LP binding source

I thought I'd just pass on a tip for a binding source as I struggled to find much info when I was looking.

I was after light ivory coloured ABS binding, 2mm wide and at least 10mm tall as I didn't want to reveal the maple in the cutaway.

I ordered some from eurospruce.de, described as royalite without the price tag and it was great, softened well with heat and bent around the horn without going white. The colour was a very good match for 'light ivory' and 'bone white' plastics from other sources. Price wasn't bad, €9.50 for enough for 2 guitars plus shipping.

I also ordered some from ebay at the same time from kmiseuk at only £3.28 with free shipping from China (I don't know how they manage that!). Enough for 1 guitar.

Well, the stuff from China appears to be identical. If you don't mind a bit slower shipping, I can vouch for it being a good option for vintage dimension non-pink ABS binding.

Eurospruce also seems to have some interesting bits for vintage LP builds.

Anyway, just passing the info along!

Here is what it looks like

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2357
    tFB Trader
    You can buy the same binding from David Dyke, he carries it in 2mm and 1.5mm, available 6mm high and 12mm high. I also believe Touchstone sell the same binding that’s the true Gibson colour.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • davrosdavros Frets: 1377
    Thanks - I couldn't (and still can't) find it on touchstone's website and the lack of a proper web shop for David Dyke is a pain in the arse! They also only list "cream", which looks a bit dark.

...hence why I was having trouble!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom