Klopp’s Topp Flopps

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14262
    tFB Trader
    Nitefly said:
    I think they should have more subs allowed, at least 5 or 6, to both keep the pace of the game high towards the end, and also to protect players from injury. Other sports do this. I don't buy the argument that big teams will get an advantage, they always do. Also there may be excellent players who can't do 90 minutes at full pace, because of age, injuries or physique. Wouldn't we prefer to see those guys play? more subs means squads get more action too, instead of just the 1st 11 every week
    Agree on the "more subs" thing, @ToneControl , but the last time it was discussed it was punted out by the likes of Sheffield Utd (who won't even be in the Prem next season) and Aston Villa (who might now be regretting their stance since they've lost Grealish, who runs as much as 2 other players)...

Sorry guys, I'm against 5 subs - should be 3 max - Can't recall the last set of stats but many times this year Klopp has not used all 3 sub options - Big clubs generally have a larger/more talented squad, so can rest + rotate as required, but don't see why we need more than 3 subs in a game 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Yeah, more subs is a potential massive benefit to the big/rich clubs so it's a no from me.

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11898
    axisus said:
    Yeah, more subs is a potential massive benefit to the big/rich clubs so it's a no from me.

not sure you can assume that

top clubs can afford the layers with the most stamina, and pay to train them to perfection, and they frequently flatten poorer teams in the last 20 minutes. There are lots of players who just sit on the bench, or older top-level players who stop playing

I'm unconvinced that it's as simply as that - as I say, the big teams have all the advantages already, this would shake that up, at worst it would help the players and result in more action in the last 30 minutes
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    axisus said:

not sure you can assume that

Hence why I said potential massive benefit 

I remember a year or so ago at a match it was mentioned that Man City had £100 million worth of defenders on the bench!

It makes a massive difference if you are bringing on 5 players of that sort of quality compared to the bench of your Sheffield Utds. 
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2288
    edited March 2021

Quarter Final place in the Champions League. That's not a Flopp.

Salah: 25 top flight goals this season. That's not a Flopp.

6 consecutive home defeats on the trott? That's more than a flopp it's a crisis!

Has Anfield become their bogey ground?