Strymon Timeline users... come at me!!

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
Quick question really - do these pedals increase noise floor when put in front of an amp? The Boss DD7's do, and I'm thinking about replacing them with a Timeline.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10105
    Not mine mate. Quiet as in front of my amps.
  • silence.
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1836
    yep

silence
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    Even when on your uber-high gain channel? IE: Is it as transparent as just plugging into the front of the amp without any pedals?
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11726
    Uber high gain is not my style but it's definitely quiet the way I use it.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Very quiet. I often record direct from the Timeline's stereo outs.
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1836
    surely a Timeline should live in the fx loop...IMO

can't comment on mega high gain stuff either
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    welshboyo said:
    surely a Timeline should live in the fx loop...IMO
    No. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I tried my nova repeater in front of my amp set to moderate gain and boosted with a Duncan power grid into high gain djenty tone. It was not noisy, but the reverse mode (I was playing with your ideas tbh mate!) sucks balls - unpredictable, with times that make no sense. Cool for solos but not good for rhythm at all.

The basic delays are good, it runs in stereo, can ping pong, and has dedicated tap tempo but the feature set doesn't even touch the time line.

If tc can get it right on a 'budget' delay, I have no doubt strymon can for something so expensive. I'd be disappointed if not!
    Hmmm, weird. The TC Nova Delay was definitely noisy, and the Repeater is just a cut down version of that. Also I thought the reverse mode on those was great!
  • That is weird! My reverse mode is really shit. I suspect they're more different under the hood...

Tell you what, I'll try it again after work with obscene amounts of gain and more volume briefly and let you know. I won't touch reverse though, that shit can suck my balls.

Or not, you know.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    If I plug directly into my Diezel.. it's near silent without playing. Even with obscene amounts of gain.

If I plug into my volume pedal > wah pedal > Polytune mini > Boo 808 Overdrive > Amp .... again, near silent without playing. Obscene amounts of gain.

If I introduce a Boss DD7 or a Hardwire RV7 with the trails enabled so it's not true bypass, I get lots of hiss. It's kind of annoying, and if I can clean it up by going to a Strymon board, I may very well consider it.
  • Zodiac51Zodiac51 Frets: 340
    If they do what you want, why not put them in a little true bypass loop? Seems very popular now.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    I use my TL in front of my SLO Clone.  If you check my sale on here I did a wee demo in about 8 pedals including the TL and only the same sort of noise that high gain normally brings.  :-)