Fish / Marillion

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    One thing I didn't mention above is that I follow Fish on Facebook, and have done for a while. I really enjoy his blog entries, and they also gave a wonderful insight into the composing and recording of his latest album. That really helped me connect with the music.

As an aside, I also found this with Joe Satriani's video blogs a while back for Black Swans and Wormhole Wizards. I find when I know what the song is intended to be about, and I understand the thoughts that went into the composition, I have an emotional attachment that otherwise wouldn't have been there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    @mart

Thanks for the link, don't know how I missed them. I blame age.madness and early onset Alzheimer's.

The Fish gigs are more fan friendly and intimate and in the early solo years a great show and performance. Not that Marillion were not fan friendly when big they still made more tiome for fans than most. and nowadays they are close to the fans.

@hubobulous

Absolutely both Fish and Marillon embraced and pioneered using the Internet and social media frm the get go. Marillion particularly got involved very early.
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    Yeah, they effectively took crowd sourcing from its infancy. Good visionary bit of business