U2 Live at Red Rocks.

What's Hot
breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10444
Sat here watching Live at Red Rocks.Can't believe it's thirty one years old.Absolutely loved this back then as a fifteen year old and the sole reason I got into guitar.I know The Edge has his knockers but it's his rawness that just adds to the whole experience.He's actually IMO an excellent rhythm guitarist.
Laugh, love, live, learn. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Haven't seen it in years (I've got the VHS somewhere). Brilliant from what I remember.

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6624
    edited July 2014
    Used to live and breathe the VHS of Red Rocks..BIG part of my early guitar interest.

That reminds me, I must dig out the CD/DVD version that came out a while back, that features a few songs that weren't on the original VHS..:
    Under a Blood Red Sky Reissue

EDIT: For anyone who hasn't seen it, I would heartily recommend the live in Paris show that came with the Joshua Tree deluxe reissue a few years back - It's a show from towards the very start of the Joshua Tree tour, a tour by the end of which the band were stadium eating behemoths, but in this early show there is definitely some of the reserve and naivity of the Red Rocks show in evidence.
    A fascinating insight into how much the band has changed as they have come into their own, so to speak, IMO.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17944
    tFB Trader
    I didn't know The Edge had knockers.

Does he keep them taped up?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10444
    That would make three tits in the band.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

EDIT: For anyone who hasn't seen it, I would heartily recommend the live in Paris show that came with the Joshua Tree deluxe reissue a few years back - It's a show from towards the very start of the Joshua Tree tour, a tour by the end of which the band were stadium eating behemoths, but in this early show there is definitely some of the reserve and naivity of the Red Rocks show in evidence.
    A fascinating insight into how much the band has changed as they have come into their own, so to speak, IMO.
    Wisdon for Dave. I love that DVD (well apart from Bono's "I thought there were enough tears in this song" ab lib when they have to halt "With or Without You") 
    Cringe.
    @RocknRollDave I must look that up.Thanks for the heads up.
    Search on youtube for U2 Live in Paris 1987 there's a few clips there.
  • FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
    Got to say, respect due.  Loved U2 from the word go and they went from strength to strength.  Sure a few duds on the way, but for sheer chutzpah and persistence they are up there with the greats and deserve everything they have earned.
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Search on youtube for U2 Live in Paris 1987 there's a few clips there.
    Done.

That's me sorted for a hour or so.
    Bollocks!

Won't play on my phone :x
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3675
    I saw U2 at the beginning of the tour for The Unforgettable Fire in the Manchester Apollo. As a basic rock band without all the stadium stuff they came up with for The Joshua Tree tour they were spellbinding. Bono was trying so hard to get the message across (whatever it was) and the rest of the band were in each other's pockets. I'm so glad I saw them then as well as the stadium version of the band.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Magnificent live album, that - Electric Co and Gloria are my fave tunes from it.