PSA - Guitar Riff night BBC4

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24731
...was on yesterday, but available on Iplayer.  Fantastic documentary on Sound City Studios too.

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    The Joy of the Guitar Riff was excellent. Some surprising omissions though, e.g. no mention of the classic riffs from Hendrix or Clapton (unless I missed that bit when I went to get another beer) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    I watched most of it with a few beers. Thoroughly enjoyable.
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4225
    Sound city was enjoyable. Dave Grohl was excellent. The rock star you could quite easily have a pint and a chat with. Did not know about that studio.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11453
    Sound city was enjoyable. Dave Grohl was excellent. The rock star you could quite easily have a pint and a chat with. Did not know about that studio.
    I'm not a huge fan of his but in pretty much every interview with him that I've read, seen or heard he comes across as a fairly normal, likeable and interesting bloke.
  • Just watched the Joy of the guitar riff. I actually though it was pretty poor and missed a lot of important players out, but that's just my opinion. Each to their own I guess
  • camfcamf Frets: 1201
    I've had a beer and a chat with him... he is indeed a very nice and funny man. So is Jack White who I'm lucky enough to also have had a beer and a chat with. Jack was a lot more intense but very likeable. For such big stars, both seemed, in very different ways, like really decent guys.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4177
    The BBC has form on the only music that exists is stuff they have footage of. So loads of huge bands always miss out because they weren't on the Top of the Pops and punk (which the BBC has lots of, and has hired many from) gets hugely overstated in such documentaries.

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3111
    Just watched Sound City. Incredible.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• ElxElx Frets: 412
    edited July 2014
    Just watched the Joy of the guitar riff. I actually though it was pretty poor and missed a lot of important players out, but that's just my opinion. Each to their own I guess
    Yeah, between M. Jackson's Beat it and Smells Like Teen Spirit they mentioned Sonic Youth and another band, can't remember now, and that was it...Really? I mean, yeah, the 80's are not everyone's favourite decade when it comes to guitars, but that was just lazy on their part...Didn't like it at all...