Cruiser by Crafter

What's Hot
Hi, Was given two strat type guitars that had been sitting in a loft for years. Surprisingly they were both as new and play great. Both cleaned up and one donated to a worthy recipient. 
The one that’s left seems that it could be upgraded for metal / hard rock. 
Does anybody know if the pickguards on these are a direct swap for strat loaded pickguards?
same question about the trem?

thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 3012
    tFB Trader
    There's one here, my son's first guitar which he rebuilt & modded. It does feel good except being a bit over-heavy, the neck on his has some nice figuring some uneven flame, some birdseye. He's done a fair few gigs and lots of recording with it. Anyway - the guards might be the same outline shape I can't tell for sure, but would be surprised if so - but some of the screw holes are definitely in different positions.

I think he replaced either the whole trem, or possibly just the saddles, for a Mex one. After the original saddles notched pretty badly. Just can't recall what he swapped over. It looks like the E-e spacing is Fender narrow (52.38mm) as far as I can measure it with strings on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Haz478Haz478 Frets: 64
    Thanks....research will continue 
  • zedhexzedhex Frets: 198
    edited February 2021
    I picked up a Cruiser by Crafter Strat for 15 quid in a car boot sale. I was just getting into luthier work at the time, and I wanted something I didn't mind breaking when practising doing fret jobs etc. After a lot of modifying, it's now my main Strat - I even sold my Mexican strat, as it just wasn't as good as the Cruiser. Okay, the electrics and hardware are not great, but the wood and the quality of work on the neck is quite excellent.  I have no idea why these guitars go so cheaply - they are better than any Squier, and just as good as a Mexican Strat.