What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23692
    edited February 2021
    Dodge said:
    Philly_Q said:

Dodge said:
    I bought a swamp ash bodied thinline Tele with a Goncalo Alves neck assembled by @Twinfan
    I remember that guitar!

It's had a bit of a tweak since - now sporting some rather tasty Gold Foils from @Mojopickups

Here it is with the other two:

Cool.  I've been trying to remember what the original pickups were... I think they were TV Jones - which I subsequently bought from @Twinfan!

(Needless to say I never got round to fitting them, they are sitting in a box somewhere.  They were intended for a Warmoth '72 Thinline body - not unlike yours, but in blueburst - and MIM Fender neck I was going to assemble at some point.) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1466
    Philly_Q said:
    Dodge said:
    Philly_Q said:

Dodge said:
    I bought a swamp ash bodied thinline Tele with a Goncalo Alves neck assembled by @Twinfan
    I remember that guitar!

It's had a bit of a tweak since - now sporting some rather tasty Gold Foils from @Mojopickups

Here it is with the other two:

Cool.  I've been trying to remember what the original pickups were... I think they were TV Jones - which I subsequently bought from @Twinfan!

(Needless to say I never got round to fitting them, they are sitting in a box somewhere.  They were intended for a Warmoth '72 Thinline body - not unlike yours, but in blueburst - and MIM Fender neck I was going to assemble at some point.) 

I've just realised I've had it for nearly 11 years now - time flies...

The Filtertrons came out before I bought it, it came with some Ray Cooper 'Juicy' pickups which were very nice, but not what I was looking for.  It's had a few different sets in there now, but the Mojos are great.  The pickups in the Koa Tele are TV Jones, and the Strat has lipsticks.   I like pickups that are a little different.  :-)

Anyway - apologies to @Jetfire ; for the slight thread derailment!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom