How easy to change pickups on this semi-hollow Harley Benton?

What's Hot
https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_te_90qm_hh_trans_blue.htm

I've never done any work through an f-hole

This looks quite a wide one, I assume I just release the selector switch, and pull it through the hole and do the soldering outside the guitar, with plenty of protection layers underneath the switch
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 17027
    looks like it wont be as bad as many semi's as there are less controls and less room for them to get lost in, but the shallower body may actually hinder movement a bit.   you can probably reach in through the jack hole if needed though

Just follow the standard Semi method... loads out there

but really, would anyone have minded if they added a back plate??
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14843
    Given the relatively simple harness and short cable runs, it would probably be wisest to have the whole lot out through the bridge pickup aperture.

Measure the cable runs. Build a new harness from scratch, using professional quality components. You could even add coil splittage or phase reversal.

Reassemble. Be the envy of Gibson 339 and Fender Thinline owners. :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12123
    edited February 2021
    Given the relatively simple harness and short cable runs, it would probably be wisest to have the whole lot out through the bridge pickup aperture.

Measure the cable runs. Build a new harness from scratch, using professional quality components. You could even add coil splittage or phase reversal.

Reassemble. Be the envy of Gibson 339 and Fender Thinline owners.
    I think it has a centre block, the other TE-90 models are solid with some chambering

adding some more splitting options sounds attractive

tbh first step is to see how one plays
    I've ordered a filtertron model first of all, I'll see how that plays, then order a thinline one if it's acceptable. The reviews seem to imply it's Fender Mexican standard. I'll wait and see!