Are there any UK suppliers that would...

What's Hot
..be able to supply 
7/8ths size strat body, routed for HSS and a floyd rose and a 24 fret neck, gibson scale length and reverse headstock (routed for FloydRose nut)?

Warmoth could do it...but that's gonna get expensive I think with import duty.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14827
    Anyone with the templates could make that. It is, to almost all intents and purposes, a Jackson Dinky.

@GSPBASSES

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24897
    Shuker will do it.

https://shukerguitars.co.uk/

They make wonderful instruments.

I got a quote on a unique bass body (non standard shape, weight relief like a Sadowsky etc etc) and it was going to be about £500 fully painted and finished. But then Covid hit so I didn't go ahead with it.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • M1ckM1ck Frets: 231
    Shuker will do it.

+1 on that I have a Shuker T-Type and it’s incredible, not a custom as far as I know but an ‘off the shelf’ I had a GAS episode and had to have it from the photos.
  • Shuker will do it.

https://shukerguitars.co.uk/

I got a quote on a unique bass body (non standard shape, weight relief like a Sadowsky etc etc) and it was going to be about £500 fully painted and finished. But then Covid hit so I didn't go ahead with it.

£500 is cheap. Most of their stuff, looking at the website, is in the thousands!
  • Also...for clarity...I was looking to assemble/finish it myself.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24897
    Send Jon Shuker an email. Might take him a week to reply as he doesn’t like to be distracted when in the workshop but he’ll get back to you.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• Will do
  • Dodged a NGD with the combination of the Shuker Tele having an Evertune bridge and the hassle of the UK now being non EU...
  • I'm pretty sure Crimson Guitars will customise kits.
  • Mr_Orange said:
    I'm pretty sure Crimson Guitars will customise kits.
    Thanks!
    I've contacted them. Let's see what happens!
  • keep this thread updated with your progress please..  I'd be tempted at getting a body that matches that description too.. essentially a Charvel model 3 body.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• Will do!
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2357
    tFB Trader
    Anyone with the templates could make that. It is, to almost all intents and purposes, a Jackson Dinky.

@GSPBASSES

I do make a 7/8 scale Strat (well more or less 7/8). But I can't help you at the moment, my order book is full, I doubt if I could make a start much before the middle of May. The cost is about £350 more if you have fancy woods. 

I’m still turning round my normal range of guitars in 3 to 4 weeks, interestingly since this new lockdown coming in, this is going to be the busiest January February I’ve had in the last 30 years. Obviously building a partcaster in lockdown is the way to ago.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSES said:

@GSPBASSES

I do make a 7/8 scale Strat (well more or less 7/8). But I can't help you at the moment, my order book is full, I doubt if I could make a start much before the middle of May. The cost is about £350 more if you have fancy woods. 

I’m still turning round my normal range of guitars in 3 to 4 weeks, interestingly since this new lockdown coming in, this is going to be the busiest January February I’ve had in the last 30 years. Obviously building a partcaster in lockdown is the way to ago.

Do you have a website/email address that I can contact you on?
  • If you're willing to wait for it I can highly recommend GSPs work. He built me a stunning swamp ash/flamed maple PRS-style guitar just before Christmas and the woodwork is fantastic.
  • If you're willing to wait for it I can highly recommend GSPs work. He built me a stunning swamp ash/flamed maple PRS-style guitar just before Christmas and the woodwork is fantastic.
    I’ve sent him a message.
  • GSPBASSES said:

@GSPBASSES

Do you have a website/email address that I can contact you on?
    Just message through here

Graham is currently doing me something similar - RG type shape. Koa top over roasted ash, roasted birds eye maple neck with ebony board. Should be a bit special. Thankfully got on the list before the book filled up