Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Red String - Liverpool

What's Hot

Comments

• I’m curious to know if this guitar is actually coming from Liverpool.

Hope it all works out for you. If so I think you got a great deal. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4699
    DesWalker said:

I’m curious to know if this guitar is actually coming from Liverpool.

Hope it all works out for you. If so I think you got a great deal. 

I'm inclined to believe that it may not be coming from Liverpool, given the source of the vendors blurb but, TBH, I don't care where it comes from as long as it's as described, genuine, and it arrives before the end of this week.
    If not, another refund request will be going in.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • MrTeeMrTee Frets: 510
    I bought one of the FGN Goldtops from Coda. First one went back with an issue but the replacement was a fine guitar which, after a set up, plays as good as any Les Paul I've played (although that number isn't too high!). Excellent service from Coda throughout, incidentally
    Woo hoo - it's been shipped...

By Hermes...

And the tracking number doesn't work..
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Well it hadn't been shipped and the tracking number was completely wrong but as of late last night it's on Hermes website as awaiting collection.

The chap running Red String seems decent enough but it's no way to run an online shop.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22900
    We're holding our collective breath....
  • Yeah, I really hope that this arrives safely and is a cracking guitar. 
    Enough alarm bells have been rung already and then he sends it via Hermes..................
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    We're expecting it

We've got it

14:31 - Thu 11 Feb
    Your friendly local courier has collected your parcel. We just need to process it and we'll get it on its way to you

19:54 - Thu 11 Feb
    Your friendly local courier couldn’t collect your parcel today, we're sorry about that. We'll try again on the next working day

08:48 - Fri 12 Feb
    Your parcel is at our local depot and on its way to you

22:18 - Sat 13 Feb
    We've got your parcel and we're processing it for you

05:03 - Sun 14 Feb
    We're sorry your parcel has been delayed, we'll have it on the move in the next 24 hours

10:04 - Tue 16 Feb
    We've got your parcel and we're processing it for you

Hermes.

WTF

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My experience with Hermes is poor to say the least. The most recent poor effort involved a package out for delivery three times and each time not turning up even though I was in all day on each occasion. I contacted the vendor and they ended up sending me another package having concluded that Hermes had lost it. Fortunately, it wasn't a valuable package so it wasn't a stressful experience, just a tedious one.

• FWIW my many experience of Hermes have always been good, but all were pre Covid.

Fingers crossed for you.
  • Vicarius anticipation, can we have hourly updates please?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Delivery time 12.00 - 16.00

Yeah. Heard it all before.
    It's here. Update to follow shortly...
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rodd1000Rodd1000 Frets: 0
    rlw said:
    Hi, I’ve just joined as I found this thread through Google whilst researching Red String. Any news on your guitar delivery? Hopefully everything checked out? I’ve also seen a guitar I like from them which is also fairly cheap at £600 less than anywhere else. Wondering if I should pull the trigger as they do have good reviews and the images look genuine. I also received a reply when I asked about the guitar. 
    Hopefully you can update on the situation. Karl. 
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    Rodd1000 said:
    rlw said:
    Hi, I’ve just joined as I found this thread through Google whilst researching Red String. Any news on your guitar delivery? Hopefully everything checked out? I’ve also seen a guitar I like from them which is also fairly cheap at £600 less than anywhere else. Wondering if I should pull the trigger as they do have good reviews and the images look genuine. I also received a reply when I asked about the guitar. 
    hi i think he recieved it and it was spot on with no issues but it did come from japan so i dont know if the one your looking at will.
    I think he started a new thread about the guitar .
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    mark123 said:
    Rodd1000 said:
    rlw said:
    hi i think he recieved it and it was spot on with no issues but it did come from japan so i dont know if the one your looking at will.
    I think he started a new thread about the guitar .
    I don’t think it came from Japan directly - it looks like Red String grey imports their Tokais and then resells. So the box was covered in Japanese postage labels etc but that’s because it was the same box that RS got in the first place. It was ultimately delivered from Liverpool, via Yodel. 
    edited March 2021
    It was in perfect condition.  As good as new and never been played as far as I could see.

I was sceptical before it arrived but was very happy to have made the decision to buy.

How he does it is a mystery....

And the box it came in was huge :)
    To anyone interested, the two Tokai's I got from this reverb shop are superb.  There was a wine red custom for sale too but I prevaricated and missed it.  I emailed the chap to see if he could find another one, my assumption being that he was a dealer, and he replied to say that he was actually selling off his personal collection.  So most of the mystery solved.
    But I wish I'd bought the custom as soon as I saw it :(
  • donbotdonbot Frets: 362
    Read this thread while researching and ordered the walnut SG215 from Red String. Ordered last Saturday and was delivered yesterday so not too bad. 
    Guitar itself is absolutely pristine, unplayed condition. Came double boxed in the original packaging from Japan with COA. Needed a bit of setup and new strings but I do that one to every guitar so no problem.

Overall similar experience to @rlw perfect guitar and responded to and accepted my offer too. Well happy. Oh and apparently he got this one in a trade. Whatever, it’s smashing.