uk guitar luthier tools

What's Hot
Hi all , looking for recommendations for uk luthier tools , fret levelling , diamond crowning files etc etc. There must be someone on the uk supplying these at a lower cost than the stew mac equivalent?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mikem8634 said:
    Thank you!
  • als427als427 Frets: 10
    hi , I was looking at these , especially the diamond crown files , I like the look of the diamond offset handle from stew mac but for £33 the chris allsop looks great. Are they nearer 300 or 150 grit equivelant?
  • You'd have to ask the man himself, I'm afraid. I've only had bridges made by Chris so far, which have been excellent. I will certainly be getting some fret tools from him later in the year, though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 3012
    tFB Trader
    Chris' tools are good, I have some diamond flat files and the fret-end bevelling job. There's a three-corner file by Kalico which is good (fleabay and Etsy), and almost half the price of the same thing via Crimson.
  • als427 said:
    hi , I was looking at these , especially the diamond crown files , I like the look of the diamond offset handle from stew mac but for £33 the chris allsop looks great. Are they nearer 300 or 150 grit equivelant?
    The Chris Alsop one is great, pretty fast material removal but leaves an excellent smooth finish that doesn’t need much polishing afterwards.
  • PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    +1 for the Chris Alsop stuff - been really pleased with mine