SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

All sold: Gretsch 6120 Hot Rod , PRS McCarty SC594 Semi Hollow, Fano RB6 Standard, Gibson Lucille

What's Hot
DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
edited February 2021 in Guitars £
Well, my only son and heir to the credit cards told me last week that he'd found a house that he wanted to buy, and would I be able to help him with costs? I have a few guitars so the question was 'my son's future happiness versus some nice guitars that aren't used as much as they should be?' Easy decision. Unfortunately though my wife and my son both disagreed, so I'm putting the guitars up for sale.

There's been just a few discussion about dealers/flippers lately, so I've priced stuff at what I'd probably stick it on eBay for, but suffice to say that I'm very fond of the 'community' sort of ideal here, so good folks of the Fretboard are welcome to PM me and I'm happy to help and chat.

1) PRS McCarty SC 594 Semi Hollow in McCarty Burst. Bought new from Wildwire Guitars in November for a sum not unadjacent to £3499 - it was probably a bit less in truth because Leon did a deal on a Duesenberg that I p/exed. I'll be the first to say that I don't know much about the PRS market, but this is a limited edition model that isn't being made any more. Nice and light, and a little more depth to the sound than the solid body versions, for obvious reasons. Here's a link to the the actual guitar from the Wildwire site.

Prices across their range are going up, I believe, to a pretty horrendous amount, so if this makes a return, then I think it will be at £4k plus. This is the 'best' guitar that I currently have - it could almost be the 'only' guitar that you'd need, unless you like P90's. Erm, which I do. Anyway, it's in virtually as new condition, all the hang tags, case etc - if you want to save about £550-£600 on a new price, this is a good opportunity. I have lots more pics that I'm happy to send to interested coves, but to keep space down for now, here's a little tease. £2850 to you sir. Or madam.

2) Fano RB6 Standard - I bought this from the lovely @brucegill a few months ago as part of a deal involving, well, loads of things. Lightly reliced, with a chunky neck and interesting shape,  -  the guitar, obvs - this is so far away from things that normally interest me that it was daft to even consider it. But it's great, which is why I bought it. Gibson scale, Fender woods and very Fender feeling, with some fabulous P90's, it's a real blues machine - well, it is for me anyway. For a better description, here's Bruce's ad - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/189639/traded-fano-rb6-standard-car-p90-relic#latest

I was amazed at how much I like this guitar - I don't think that the Standards are made at the moment - just the lower priced Omnis range, and the higher priced Alt de Facto range. Comes with a gig bag, which is a bit mean, although it's a nice gig bag, and makes postage a little trickier. Still, nothing that can't be sorted, I'm, sure. £1400 will see this in your dainty trotters. Again I have more pics, and happy to send them to interested parties.

3) Gibson Lucille - this is from 2005, with ebony fretboard (I think they dropped ebony in 2010/11) and it's got it's original case. No COA, but I don't think that they issued them then, which would explain it. What can I say about it, apart from it's in very nice condition, and is a bit of a porker at just under 10lbs, although half a pound lighter than my last one. There again, so am I, at considerably more than 10lbs, so I mustn't be rude. 'My' (ha!) guitar tech says that this is his favourite out of the dozen or so guitars that I've taken to him in the last few months 'beautiful - so responsive'. He could have been talking about me, I suppose.  I've priced this at £2450.

4) Gretsch 6120 Brian Setzer Hot Rod - this is a 2016 model, with a most understated and tasteful antifreeze green sparkle finish. It's actually a little more subtle than in the pic, as it's got an olive sort of colour to it, which just won't reproduce in the pic. Anyway, it's lovely - I'm usually more of a traditionalist, but this looks fabulous. I bought this from @AlexO a couple of months ago and I think it's the nicest neck that I've had on a Gretsch so far, and I've had well over a dozen of the Pro Line Gretsches.  I do fancy trying one of the new 'Smoke' models, so I've tagged this onto the 'sales list'. Here's Alex's original thread - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/190675/sold-gretsch-6120-hot-rod-brian-setzer-anti-freeze-green-sparkle-1600#latest

£1600 is a bit of a bargain, I think, but that's what I paid, so that's what I'll ask for this, although I've put a little work into it - set up, fret polish etc.

Drop me a message if anything is tickling you (I've got lots more pics), and we can have a chat. Any delivery costs would be on top, and depending on the guitar, I'd like to see that it was sent insured.  I'm much happier to deliver or meet up, but current restrictions prohibit that, and I'd be happy to hang on in that case until restrictions are lifted. 

Call me Dave.
1reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Good lord
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5664
    Lovely guitars. To be fair to @DB1, he's not a man that lacks self-awareness. When he waxes lyrical about a new guitar, he will acknowledge in the same sentence that it will probably be on the block before too long.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Brize said:
    Lovely guitars. To be fair to @DB1, he's not a man that lacks self-awareness. When he waxes lyrical about a new guitar, he will acknowledge in the same sentence that it will probably be on the block before too long.

=) Sometimes even at the same time.
    Call me Dave.
  • pruddprudd Frets: 682
    You do have/had some lovely guitar's, I wish you were my mate and lived round the corner :)
    Thank you. You'd get fed up of me really quickly, though. I've mentioned this to my wife and she can confirm this.
    Call me Dave.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2322
    Oof, All four of those are right up my ally.  

Cool reflection in the Lucille. 
  • Aggggggg. Loved that Fano. Tempting. Tempting.  
    I had to frantically scramble to check that reflection @Fishboy7 ! Luckily, it wasn't a suspenders day.

Yes, @brucegill - it was a tough call. Actually, they all are but that Fano is a real surprise to me. It's everything that I don't normally like - the relicing, the chunky neck, the bigger frets, the offset, yet it's one of the most fun guitars I've had, and those pickups are meaty.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pruddprudd Frets: 682
    Luckily, it wasn't a suspenders day.
    that did make laugh out loud, then had to explain why to my better half, she is now starting to worry about what web sites I visit.

Interestingly Dave, if you look closely, it sort of looks like you've got a gun in your hand and pointing it at someone, has the missus upset you ?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Has she upset me? Always! =)

That's no gun though - that can be our little secret. Little being the operative word.
    Call me Dave.
  • That Fano is calling me.... 
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5664
    DB1 said:
    Thank you. You'd get fed up of me really quickly, though. I've mentioned this to my wife and she can confirm this.
    I'm surprised you haven't put her up for sale yet.
    Brize said:
    DB1 said:
    I'm surprised you haven't put her up for sale yet.
    Just waiting for the £1 listings. 
    Call me Dave.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8963
    Blimey.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    JerkMoans said:
    Blimey.

Well, thank you sir. Being the fairly impatient sort, I think that they're going to go off to a dealer for sale in the next few days, perhaps on Tuesday, so if  any Fretboard chums are interested, and want a little deal, then I'll be happy to have a chat and see what we can do!
    Call me Dave.
  • @JerkMoans You linked me this for the Lucille... but that Fano is astounding. 
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8963
    @JerkMoans You linked me this for the Lucille... but that Fano is astounding. 
    It has a certain allure, I grant you...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    A little bump for these wee beasties. All still available - interest in the Fano, Lucille and 594, but is the glittery green Hot Rod too glittery and green for everyone? Surely not!
    Call me Dave.
  • I don't think I've ever seen such visual guitar sex in one for sale thread ! 
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3303
    My word.  That Lucille would look good at home next my porker belly, mostly playing Wildhearts riffs.