The TV Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• nanomannanoman Frets: 62
    Behind Her Eyes.

Netflix.

Not bad - bit slow in pacing but a nice story.

6/10

Currently 3 episodes in. Promising start but some of the acting is sheeeeeit. You're right about the pacing. Inside No9 would have done this in 1 episode.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Top Gear was good fun tonight.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10285
    ennspek said:
    Top Gear was good fun tonight.
    Agreed. The three of them have really found their feet and are gelling brilliantly. It can still be a bit hit and miss at times, but when they get it right it's great tv.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    edited April 2021
    Philly_Q said:

I haven't felt like watching any drama recently so I've been watching Would I Lie To You? and Richard Osman's House of Games on iPlayer.  And old episodes of Tenable on ITV Hub.

I love game shows, so I thought I would give Gordon Ramsay's Bank Balance a go, even though I hate the leathery-faced, humourless bully...

Big mistake.  It's absolutely unbearable.  The game is shit, a thinly disguised version of The Million Pound Drop.  It's one of those shows where they encourage the contestants to babble incessantly, as if they're minor celebrities, but nobody's interested.  And Ramsay is his usual vile self.  Never, never again. 

Speaking of 'Would I like to you?', Bob Mortimer's highlights are essential watching if you fancy a chuckle. Absolutely hilarious. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Alice in Borderland. Battle Royal meets Crystal Maze. Properly nuts Netflix series
    nanoman said:
    Behind Her Eyes.

Netflix.

Not bad - bit slow in pacing but a nice story.

6/10

Currently 3 episodes in. Promising start but some of the acting is sheeeeeit. You're right about the pacing. Inside No9 would have done this in 1 episode.

I lost interest a bit but the wife watched on and then she hated the ending but I thought it came good in the end. Definitely worth a watch but could have been condensed
    On the subject of relatively non worthy fun, League of Their Own Road Trip was good fun this week. 

Gogglebox always raises a chuckle.
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1849
    Been looking through old DVDs before dumping them and rewatching S01 of The Nanny. Mainly (alright ONLY) because of Fran Drescher who played Bobbi Flekman in Spinal Tap.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    As Taskmaster comes up on here if anyone is interested the current New Zealand version is being uploaded to YouTube. I don’t recognise a single contestant or the kiwi Greg or kiwi Alex. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    The Terror - there was a point around end of episode 4 where I wondered whether it would have enough narrative energy to really sustain my interest over all ten episodes. Happy to say that it did. Not only did it get a burst of new energy but also it started to deepen it's exploration of certain themes. In the end I really enjoyed it. Massive props to the set designers, costumiers, and everyone else responsible for its look-and-feel. It gives you a great sense of what it was like to be on a ship in the 1840s.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Just watched futureman. Kind of mad but alright. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited April 2021
    I still watch the various US comedy series of old:-
    Everybody loves Raymond,
    Cheers
    King of Queens
    Frasier 
    Friends
    Mike & Molly

Escape to the Chateau and it's offshoots 

Queen's Gambit
    Goliath

Our favourite is This Is Us - just superb 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    The Flight Attendent- absolutely brilliant yarn

9/10

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Started watching Wayne. Seems alright so far will give it a chance. 
    Line of Duty, the latest episode. Rarely has a serial left me so desperate for more after a cliff hanger. Much swearing ensued.
  • ennspek said:
    Line of Duty, the latest episode. Rarely has a serial left me so desperate for more after a cliff hanger. Much swearing ensued.

ennspek said:
    I don’t know what the naysayers could want from a TV show anymore than this. Second by second gripping. I’ll be away this weekend and won’t see the next episode until Tuesday so I’ll have to have a media blackout from Sunday evening until then. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22930
    ennspek said:
    I don’t know what the naysayers could want from a TV show anymore than this. Second by second gripping. I’ll be away this weekend and won’t see the next episode until Tuesday so I’ll have to have a media blackout from Sunday evening until then. 
    I think this latest episode was a big step up.  A couple of murders, no boring stuff about Steve's bad back and a great cliffhanger ending.
    Philly_Q said:
    ennspek said:
    I think this latest episode was a big step up.  A couple of murders, no boring stuff about Steve's bad back and a great cliffhanger ending.
    It’s very box set television ( I guess there’s more money selling it on to Netflix than in showing on the BBC) so they’ll expect us to sit through an episode or two where they do the admin. 
    The density of the writing just astounds me. So much stuff that I know that I miss. 
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1509
    Peaky Blinders

I have given this a go about three times over the years and never got past Episode 3 or whatever. Was really stuck for what to watch last week and figured I’d give it another go. Finally managed to get sucked in and now up to Season 3. Better late than never I guess.