Would you buy this?

My son has just build himself a little mixer with linear pots. I've been trying to help him find a suitable case for it. There doesn't seem to be any good solution available for DIYers who want to create neat slots in panels to mount faders.

So I had this idea. I could get some thin aluminium sheet laser cut and engraved with a scale. I could then either screw or glue it to the panel/box after cutting rough slots for the faders. If I got the panels made to fit a single fader then I could use as many as I needed for each project and fix them side-by-side. 

Nobody seems to sell such a thing. I would buy it if they did. 

If I got some made, would anyone want some? Does anyone have a better idea for tidy builds using linear pots?

U. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73158
    I'm pretty certain that RS used to sell these thirty years ago - self-adhesive aluminium strips with a slot, screw holes and a printed scale - to fit their slider pots, but a search now finds nothing. Perhaps they stopped due to lack of demand? I suspect there is very little DIY'ing of this sort of thing any more.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1510
    perhaps you could find a cheap broken mixer on ebay?  I've seen it done with aluminium strips, but it looks a bit amateurish.