SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WANTED - Washburn Bridge

M1ckM1ck Frets: 231
edited February 2021 in Parts £
Thanks to the folks on this site the bridge on my good ole tele has been identified as a Washburn from either a Raven, Eagle or Hawk range, does anyone have one lying around in a spares bin anywhere? preferably gold to match the existing one. I am trying not to replace it completely - I am sure there will be a 'similar to' out there somewhere but it wont have the genuine patina something this old will have and will probably look wrong (to me anyway) if it was all nice and new and shiny, although if anyone did have a nice new and shiny one I wouldn't necessarily pass it up.
For reference it looks like this:
https://i.imgur.com/UrajTZ0.jpg?1
Thanks 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• M1ckM1ck Frets: 231
    It’s not looking good, please don’t make have to get a new replacement!
  • These are hard to find, a guy was looking on here while back for same bridge not much success I'm afraid
    Why not try ebay, for a similar fixed bridge loads on there, just check dimensions
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    What's up with the current one?  I have one, but it's on my old Washburn HB30 and yours looks in better nick than mine
  • M1ckM1ck Frets: 231
    @Flattop Cheers, I’m finding out just how hard they are to find - I am looking at alternatives but would prefer an identical one, I’ve seen the ones in your link and haven’t yet ruled out those or something similar, the Hipshot IBBY is very similar too.

@John_A I’m struggling to get the intonation right on the low e as the spring stops the saddle going back far enough, I’m going to take the spring out on my next string change but I may need to reduce the saddle a little too, and maybe the bolt/screw, though I won’t know till I try it, I’m after a spare in case I screw something up making changes.
  • Cut the spring in half, I've done that before when saddle won't go back far enough
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Flattop said:
    Cut the spring in half, I've done that before when saddle won't go back far enough
    Yes, it's easy, if you don't want to cut the original sprain spares are readily available