An all rounder (with a little vintage lean)

lapua65lapua65 Frets: 42
edited February 2021 in Amps
I am know very little about guitar amps. I do have a Yamaha THR 10C that I use but it does sound small and a little processed. I want a single 10 or preferably 12 amp that will do most things but not really interested in metal perhaps a little vintage sounding. Something I can use pedals with. I don't want to spend more than say around £700. Not being able to audition anything at the moment. 
Is there an amp that is a good allrounder with a nice clean vintage lean?
Apologies for the vagaries of the post.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5786
    Being completely self serving here, the Tone Master Deluxe Reverb ticks all the boxes there. 

Whether it interests you is all down to how you feel about a digital recreation of an old classic. 

One thing is for sure, you have a LOT of options to chose from. 
  • Laney Lionheart may well tick your boxes. It's "British" voiced, somewhere between a Vox and a Marshall, suits clean and not-quite-clean sounds well, up through crunchy mid-gain.

The 20w Lionheart sounds good at home volume, but will keep up with a band as and when all this business blows over. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72512
    Peavey Transtube Bandit. Less than half your budget, extremely versatile and sounds better than many valve amps.

Completely serious.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2330
    Hotrod  deluxe
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 489
    I'll weigh in with another suggestion: how about a Vox AC15?
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4719
    Supro Blues King/Delta King - 10 or 12
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • Pabcrane said:
    I'll weigh in with another suggestion: how about a Vox AC15?
    Can I second this suggestion? And cheekily plug that I have one for sale in superb condition for a little over half your budget?

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/200168/fs-vox-ac15c1-with-greenback-footswitch-now-370#latest

• NerineNerine Frets: 2176
    An extra couple of hundred and I would think you’ll be knocking on the door of a used Dr Z Maz of some description. 
  • +1 For Peavey transtube, great amps for not much money