SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

I can’t find the ‘your dream guitar’ raffle thread , someone on here won didn’t they

What's Hot
I went to enter one night  but it didn’t have paypal and I don’t like doing my credit card details
  online unless it’s a huge company who I trust .

any experience of this site ?  1350 tickets in draw so better chance than the lottery 
and it’s cheaper than Andertons lottery ( although that’s for charity but I could not justify blowing a fiver )

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Does your browser have a lock symbol in the website name on the browser
  • Yes I always look for that 

• Someone here won a PRS CE22 or Custom IIRC?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I wonder if people would be up for a raffle for my McNaught? £10 a ticket, 250 tickets.... Would be easier than a sale!
  • danny_777 said:
    I wonder if people would be up for a raffle for my McNaught? £10 a ticket, 250 tickets.... Would be easier than a sale!
    I thought about this as a way to ‘sell’ a guitar. You have to tread very carefully because it is classed as gambling and you have to have a gambling licence to operate a raffle unless it is for charity or a good cause. I’m a tattooist and many tattooists I follow on Instagram have fallen foul of the law by offering raffle prizes of tattoo time and vouchers to boost their income during lockdown. I’d look into it a bit more if I were you.
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited February 2021
    Gearburst last week raffled a black Gibson Les Paul Custom and tickets were £5.50 a pop. They reached their maximum sell of 999 tickets so you can do maths to see the sum received against the retail cost, but they also had 2nd and 3rd prizes of £100 pedal and £50 tuner, respectively, plus another 3 free giveaway entries for any competition of your choosing in the future.

The LP winner bought about 7 tickets.
  • I’ve bought one ticket . 2.99 
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I entered a Gearburst competition last year and won a TC compressor. I’d check the number of entries. Some of them are like 1500 entries. Wheras a lot are under 500. So the odds are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Not a competition as such...but I entered a giveaway on Produce Like a Pro and won the Focal headphones RRP around £1k...;-)

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240 said:
    Not a competition as such...but I entered a giveaway on Produce Like a Pro and won the Focal headphones RRP around £1k...;-)
    Man that’s awesome ,very well done indeed  and a great recognition of your skill 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    danny_777 said:
    I wonder if people would be up for a raffle for my McNaught? £10 a ticket, 250 tickets.... Would be easier than a sale!
    Gorgeous guitar - I'd buy one.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Just missed out on winning on my second Gearburst competition entry for a nice Fender MIJ Tele with a Bigsby but won a 10 ft lead.
    Happy with that and outlay to date is about £7
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4158
    edited March 2021
    Kebabkid said:
    Just missed out on winning on my second Gearburst competition entry for a nice Fender MIJ Tele with a Bigsby but won a 10 ft lead.
    Happy with that and outlay to date is about £7
    That’s pretty cool man,  I might have a go on gearburst they seem good and runner up prizes are a bonus ,I didn’t know about them . Thanks for the heads up
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar gear giveaway are my go to for losing at guitar raffles! Haha  ... they have an original 61 strat up at the mo 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4158
    Oh wow ,that’s a pretty cool site ,I’ve joined their mailing list  I like that they have runners up prizes too ,I’m not too bothered about the strat . The r8 les Paul is nice but ticket price a bit high for me , I would defo have done the LP Classic one that’s ended . Some of the low price draws are good . I’m saving for a les Paul at the moment .

these raffle sites are quite numerous and tempting it would be easy to get addicted
    i have had past success with pub/shop raffles though so worth the odd £3 every now and then
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    I've bought a couple of tickets in the Andertons raffle, but that's essentially giving to charity.

Probably would have been better off giving direct to the charity so I could get some gift aid tax back in my tax return.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom