Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Am I being unreasonable?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• YANBU

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bloody hell, this might be the first time in the history of the internet that the answer to "am I being unreasonable?" is 'no'. 
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1979
    Boo! Not a Mumsnet thread.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30322
    Did he not offer a hefty discount?
  • Sassafras said:
    Did he not offer a hefty discount?
    I wasn't offered anything, just given a refund. My requests to just paint me up another body were ignored.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    edited February 2021
    There’s plenty of finishers on here that will help out.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    7 month sounds ridiculous, and I would accept nothing short of perfection with that job. Jon at Feline arranged a spray job for me many years ago - came out brilliant!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24897
    IIRC getting a Zon built is 2 to 3 years

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• My last Musikraft/MJT kit took about 8 months. I don't see that as ridiculous in current circumstances, provided comms are clear and regular through that period. 

I wouldn't want to accept a body supposed to be "new & pristine" at full price if it turned up with dings though - I'd want a refin or replacement or a discount and I don't think that's remotely unreasonable

@WezV - I assume you mean my La Cab re the rush job in the wrong time of year - it snowed the day after spraying iirc... Great checking though - it came out perfect in the end!! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17000
    edited February 2021

@WezV - I assume you mean my La Cab re the rush job in the wrong time of year - it snowed the day after spraying iirc... Great checking though - it came out perfect in the end!! 
    That's the one.  The sudden change in weather caught me out, and iirc you were a few months away from leaving the UK

Edit: it was nice to see it appear on Instagram yesterday

• ColsCols Frets: 7306
    Wow, that’s a real lose-lose scenario.  No-one’s happy - you’ve waited 7 months and not got what you ordered, and he’s got a B stock custom painted body and no money to show for it.

At least he was up front and sent you pictures before shipping, and fully refunded you without complaint.  It’s disappointing that he’s unwilling to have another crack at it, but at the end of the day you can’t force someone to take on a job if they don’t want to.  Maybe he realised that it was beyond his capabilities.
  • Yep - LOVE my Copperpeace stuff. They're not cheap but they're gorgeous straps. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7138
    edited February 2021 tFB Trader
    Edited at the request of the OP to remove identification of the supplier in question but I'm sure that most people here will be able to guess who it is.

I sympathise with the lack of a guitar body but at the end of the day it's "first-world problems".

We have no idea what other pressures this person is under so maybe we should cut him some slack? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11774
    tFB Trader
    Simple fact: things go wrong, and nobody is an exception to this 

Your seller did the decent thing and let you know and refunded you without hassle 
     Believe me - they are upset, and frustrated and hurting too! 

Any call to show and tell , name and shame, tar and feather someone who has behaved in a decent way when shit went wrong would be obscene or vindictive. 

Paint operations during cold weather conditions for many = blooming nightmare , especially with nitro, but Poly is not immune.

axisus said:
    7 month sounds ridiculous, and I would accept nothing short of perfection with that job. Jon at Feline arranged a spray job for me many years ago - came out brilliant!

You may have gotten lucky - we used that company that did your body for 15 years and they would have good spells  and also bad spells. 

Their bad spells got more frequent, guitars disappearing for months or nearly a year in their paint works & telling me lies or untruths, costing me arguments with customers, and loss of business.
    Closest I came to mental breakdowns has always involved those guys.

Paint guys who start diversifying into other things while neglecting their existing work queues for paint finishing always becomes a disaster.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom