Got myself a TMDR....

What's Hot
LewyLewy Frets: 4238
…. and for the most part, it's awesome I don't like the tremolo very much but I have a Flint and a Revival Trem on the board so that's not really an issue. And there are some minor niggles. One is if you're going to a lot of trouble to recreate the user experience of a Deluxe Reverb, don't scrimp and put flimsy feeling switches on it. I wouldn't be surprised if the feeling of flipping those switches alone has been enough to trigger a prejudiced response from some reviewers.

Another is the simulated (and I presume completely unnecessary) warm up time. That just feels silly and a bit patronising....I don't think anyone is actually pretending it's got valves in. If a digital amp genuinely needs time to warm up then I'm happy to stand corrected.

I think mostly people have said everything there is to say about how they sound so I won't add to that soup of conflicting opinions, save to say that it lives up my expectations of what a Deluxe Reverb should sound like based on previously owning an original '69 one, and it's absolutely nothing like any digital model of a DR I've ever tried. My experience of those is that they've usually done one signature DR tone quite well but then as soon as you move away from that sweet spot they're way off on sound and response. Definitely not the case with the model they are using for this amp, it feels completely responsive and "real". 

I really hope they do more - a TM Tweed Deluxe would be incredible and I imagine they'd sell a tonne of TM Super Reverbs to the SRV crowd too.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    The "warm up time" is actually the amp wirelessly connecting to an available satellite and relaying all aspects of your personal life to a database controlled by Bill Gates.
    Or so I've read on the Internet.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4238
    Sassafras said:
    The "warm up time" is actually the amp wirelessly connecting to an available satellite and relaying all aspects of your personal life to a database controlled by Bill Gates.
    Or so I've read on the Internet.
    That will be redundant once everyone is vaccinated though....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom