NAD - A surprisingly super little practice amp!

JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
edited March 2021 in Amps
After prevaricating for ages I finally got around to treating myself to what I hope will be a decent bass (Sire V7) and thought I ought to get a proper little bass amp to go with it so I added an EBS Classic Session 30 to my order. Due to the usual kind of courier nonsense the amp has turned up but I’m still waiting for the bass, so I thought I ought to plug a guitar in to make sure it’s all working as it should...

And first impressions are that it’s a bloody brilliant little[1] thing - doesn’t sound at all small, thin, or boxy, works like a champ[2] with my pedals[3] and I could play through it all day. On the basis of the 30 Watt RMS power rating and what it sounds like in my office it might well be able to hack rehearsals and small jams too!

I think this thing’s going to see a lot of use even if the bass thing doesn’t work out...

[1] It’s a tiny 1x8” speaker box.
[2] Actually not at all like a Champ - they’re cool little things but this just sounds like a much bigger, clean amp...
[3] And has a quite pleasing “touch of hair” when the gain is turned up.
Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    Little bass amps can work quite well, I have a peavey microbass that makes a great jazz clean.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12900
    Interesting. Despite having absolutely no need for one of these (I already have a bass practice amp) I find myself idly thinking about one of these...