A fairly rare dream guitar of mine is for sale

What's Hot
But I'm a few months from remortgaging and, with the world as it is, I can't buy it.

I'd sell some kit to fund it but can't post. 

I'm not alone I'm sure. Anyone want to share regrets? 

And no, I'm not saying what it is. There is a tiny voice in my head that hopes it'll be for sale in a couple of months when I could sell some stuff and fund it. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gazrichardsgazrichards Frets: 691
    Why can’t you post?
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7489
    edited March 2021
    Why can’t you post?
    No cases/boxes. Plus the first thing to go would be an amp, and they're heavy and awkward... 
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2402
    Yep. House hunting at the moment and while there's plenty for the deposit and furniture etc, I suspect the Mortgage Man would like me more without any large transactions in my statements for the last few months. Thankfully the guitar I want also appears to be on order with a lead time of at least 3 months, so maybe if we find a house quickly I won't have to wait too long!
    Tim
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5786
    edited March 2021
    You should probably post a link. Let’s face facts, your best shot at it being for sale in a few months is for someone here to buy it now. ;)
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    Why can’t you post?
    No cases/boxes. Plus the first thing to go would be an amp, and they're heavy and awkward... 
    I did find a seller of good boxes on eBay - the ones that are in two parts, so it effectively adapts to the length of the bag/case. Comes with good bubblewrap too, think the whole thing was about £18 delivered. Could be an option?

But totally with you on amps. I wouldn't know where to start on how to package one well enough, plus I imagine the shipping cost on a 20kg valve amp would be hefty.
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
  • dazzajl said:
    You should probably post a link. Let’s face facts, your best shot at it being for sale in a few months is for someone here to buy it now. ;)
    When you put it like that... 

It's actually been for sale for a while. It's over priced - but you know, I'd put an offer in. Maybe it's just as well, one day I'll get one. 
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2402
    dazzajl said:

If someone could buy one of the CME-spec SGs from Andertons in Olive Drab and take the depreciation hit for me, that would be much appreciated.
    Tim
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    I still regret not picking up the Hagstrom Swede that I saw a couple of years back. It wasn't high end, or even that good, but I loved the feel of it. It was very cheap and came in a nice matte finish I haven't seen before or since. A bit of judicious upgrading and it would have been a lot of fun.

I also regret not getting an LP Studio a few years back when someone was blowing them out cheap with 0% finance.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4674
    edited March 2021
    Let @DrCornelius know , if he likes it as well he can buy it, 3 months time it will be back up for sale jobs a good un 

( con you know I’m just jesting as you “flip” more than me ) 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Just a thought from the sellers point of view.
    My theory about selling, especially fairly expensive gear, is that you don't need 10 buyers who might be interested.  You just need one buyer who is keen and deadly serious.

You might be that buyer. Particularly if he doesn't have to sell this month. It would depend on how confident you are about shifting your stuff, because  you would have to give him a small deposit, and it would be reasonable for him to make it non refundable.

• sofastevesofasteve Frets: 39
    Why can’t you post?
    I recently sold a guitar via the forum. Got a box gratis from a local cycle shop.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Why can’t you post?
    Boxes are easy to source.
    You can arrange courier collection. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5863
    Look! I'm not charging that much for my Fuzz Pedal so just by it FFS!

:)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Don’t post an amp. I’m three months into waiting for either the company to pay up for a repair assessment or give me my money. Thanks, DHL. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Don’t post an amp. I’m three months into waiting for either the company to pay up for a repair assessment or give me my money. Thanks, DHL. 
    They have paid out instantly for me in the past once I have provided proof of the damage and a quote for repair from a shop.

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I've had bad experience with posted amps twice in the past, transformers separating from the chassis and the like. So I won't be taking the chance, especially as we may be able to ask for collection in a month or so.

I might miss out on the guitar for now, but I'll happily wait another year or two for the next one. 
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    But I'm a few months from remortgaging and, with the world as it is, I can't buy it.

And no, I'm not saying what it is. There is a tiny voice in my head that hopes it'll be for sale in a couple of months when I could sell some stuff and fund it. 
    How much of dream is it? For the sake of a few months just do it. 

By the way I’m not a qualified financial advisor.  ;)

If it really is a dream there’s ways and means to make sure you don’t miss it this time.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Iamnobody said:

How much of dream is it? For the sake of a few months just do it. 

By the way I’m not a qualified financial advisor.  ;)

If it really is a dream there’s ways and means to make sure you don’t miss it this time.

Less of a dream than keeping a roof over my head. 

With that said, I'll be listing some pedals on ebay tonight to raise funds. If I get 50 percent of the way there, I'll discuss with ladyprettydamned. 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4934
    sofasteve said:
    Why can’t you post?
    I recently sold a guitar via the forum. Got a box gratis from a local cycle shop.

Cycle shops - now that's one I hadn't thought of!